AMD Launches New Graphics Software, Radeon Software Crimson Edition

anyone with an XR341CK up and running with Crimson? I'm just stuck with 30hz and don't know how to get this back to 75hz with freesync.

Im running that monitor with a Fury with no issues. Try reconnecting the dp cable?

These new drivers (the GPU driver itself and not the new control panel) cause Steam to launch a new process every time you click on it in the taskbar, then it sits there using ~120KB of memory before that process ends 20 seconds later and the original steam.exe process shows you the main window.

Way to go AMD. Always a disappointment.

Anyone that uses a calibrated setup notice that that the new Crimson drivers / control center is messing with their calibration?

When a full screen game has been run, when I return to the desktop (or alt-tab), I can immediately notice that my hardware calibrated icm color profile is not running and this is affecting desktop as well. I'm forced to select another icc profile, then select my calibrated profile to get my color calibration to return. Annoying and wasn't an issue with the good 'ole CCC.

Last edited:
have you enbaled "use windows calibration" in advanced color settings?

Anyone that uses a calibrated setup notice that that the new Crimson drivers / control center is messing with their calibration?

When a full screen game has been run, when I return to the desktop (or alt-tab), I can immediately notice that my hardware calibrated icm color profile is not running and this is affecting desktop as well. I'm forced to select another icc profile, then select my calibrated profile to get my color calibration to return. Annoying and wasn't an issue with the good 'ole CCC.

This was a problem before crimson. I always had to load another profile then load the correct profile for each monitor after playing games. Its super annoying.

Installed last night, and my Fallout 4 experience went to shit. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not that spun up on in depth graphics settings. But my Sapphire 390x and BenQ XL2730Z was running Fallout 4 beautifully 2 days ago with simple default optimized settings...rolling back the drivers.... :(

Did they fix the Intel issue with turning on the iGPU with driver update/installs? Just wondering if that may still be a culprit.

I do not recommend these drivers. I just had to re image my win 8.1 bc of crimson corrupting my startup to a point of no return. These are not ready for prime time.

The Crimson hotfix driver works on my 7970; now the card defaults to automatic fan control rather than manual 20%. So far, it hasn't turned off the automatic setting like the previous driver did.

I have had no issues at all, but then again I rarely turn my computer off. Maybe the occasional reboot to clear the memory about once every 1-2 weeks.

Turns out it was left disabled after a recent Windows 7 reinstall. I'll experiment some and see if it helps out.

turns out reinstalling the graphics driver removes the profile from the list in control panel.

you have to re-add it.

It doesnt delete the icc file, so its still in the list, you just have to re add it.

Back