• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

AMD Inventory Buildup Reported

HardOCP News

[H] News
Joined
Dec 31, 1969
Messages
0
DigiTimes is reporting that AMD’s revenue growth is much lower than expected and that, despite falling CPU prices, inventory began “piling up” at the end of last quarter.

According to Bloomberg, AMD indicated that falling CPU ASPs (average selling prices) impacted the company last quarter, and a report from Banc of America Securities report also noted that AMD was facing renewed competition from Intel in the channel.
 
How Ironic. Perhaps AMD underestimated the influence of the "enthusiast" niche of the market on it's success? From my perspective, it's rather sad to think that I may never buy another AMD CPU ever again. And this isn't predicated on performance or price. It's based on the fact that I disagree with whole direction the company has taken over the last 18 months. I just wish that they hadn't bought ATI. As I feel ATI will now be marginalized by the same misguided management that has led AMD to it's current state.
 
I've been an AMD fan since the K7, and their processors are all that I have running at home but even I have been starting to look at the core2duos and quadcores. I'm building a new work pc based around the quad this month. It will be another year or so before I upgrade my home pc so I'll wait and see what happens before I decide if I want to switch back to Intel.
 
I've been an AMD fan since the K7, and their processors are all that I have running at home but even I have been starting to look at the core2duos and quadcores. I'm building a new work pc based around the quad this month. It will be another year or so before I upgrade my home pc so I'll wait and see what happens before I decide if I want to switch back to Intel.

I'm the same. I love AMD for everything they stand for, but they need a C2D killer or they will be in trouble.
 
Back
Top