AMD FX Vishera In-Stock @ Newegg

Good prices but no solid reviews yet. I am interested in seeing if these are over hyped or actually great chips.

With most of the reviews that are out at the moment, some have the chip doing 5.0Ghz on air, stable @ 1.368v. Take it for what it's worth.

NDA ends at midnight.

With most of the reviews that are out at the moment, some have the chip doing 5.0Ghz on air, stable @ 1.368v. Take it for what it's worth.

NDA ends at midnight.

I took bulldozer for what it was worth also... before the NDA was lifted. :rolleyes:

Might have to upgrade my 8150 to this. I wonder how long it will take my my 970 board to have a bios for the new chip.

Giga 970A UD3

The 8350 and 8350 links are backwards currently.

I get alot of 404 errors looking at the reviews currently. I'll wait for some reviews as gaming is my main concern. Also have a MC about a hr away and they will probably be lower pricing.

the review i read based on linux actually impressed me considering how well the 8350 did against the 3770 at its price point.

If its bundled with a watercooler, $199 isnt bad price at all for 8350... i mean i pay $60 for them corsair units all the time.

Faster than a 3570K in BF3! :cool:

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1598/pg6/amd-fx-8350-processor-review-battlefield-3.html

5IH7P.png

my sons am3 board and 4 core cpu is dieing. seen the FX6300 with asus m5a97 r2 and have those on way from egg,
I like how it is a simple swap and all parts will work even os. Also wife's Fx6200 runs great. I have no issues buying these Fx parts for gameing or office work.

I will get this thursday
Fx6300
Asus M5a97 ver2
theramal grease by TUNIQ
*240$

I'm upgrading from a Q6600.

I just bought a FX-6300
FX-6300: $140
ASRock Extreme3 MB: $75
8GB DDR3 (1600): $30
TOTAL: $245

Bottom line: I'm on a budget. $245 for 3 core components vs a single intel CPU, I gotta go with what I can afford.

I'm upgrading from a Q6600.

I just bought a FX-6300
FX-6300: $140
ASRock Extreme3 MB: $75
8GB DDR3 (1600): $30
TOTAL: $245

Bottom line: I'm on a budget. $245 for 3 core components vs a single intel CPU, I gotta go with what I can afford.

Nice little budget gaming rig!

You're never broke when you've got credit cards! :D

It's taking all my will power to not load up my Bill Me Later account with a 8320 and Water 2.0 Extreme. LOL

I'm running a Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition at stock speeds with 12GB of RAM.

This morning I purchased a new board, 16GB of RAM, and the FX-8350. I'm looking forward to the performance gain.

I had a few beers last night and ordered an FX 8350 next day air lol. Thats how I end up getting most my new hardware is when im hammered.

I had a few beers last night and ordered an FX 8350 next day air lol. Thats how I end up getting most my new hardware is when im hammered.

hahaha, I used to do that.

I just sober ordered an fx6300, getting the itch to tinker with something new.

This might be enough to push me off the X26000+ chip. Bwahaha..

I'm running a Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition at stock speeds with 12GB of RAM.

This morning I purchased a new board, 16GB of RAM, and the FX-8350. I'm looking forward to the performance gain.

Interested in starting a comparison once my 8350 arrives? Hopefully I can order one tomorrow. Will b running it on the 890FX platform(BIOS update applied) and am curious about the differences of the 890 vs 990FX chipset for Vishera. Grats btw nice upgrade. For the price of some cpu's you came up on a whole system-enthusiastic!?

Yes, definitely. When is the real question? I'm tempted to hold off a month or two-psh Black Friday sooon! Not like a 965 at all bottlenecks anything, but this is the 1st "unneeded" upgrade for me because of other reasons than performance like a crap ton of "I told you so" points. Streaming and multi-monitor/multitasking users like myself will fullly benefit, now, from this upgrade. Wonder how well the 95w offerings will fare? :p

Would it be worth upgrading from my 1090T?

Depends, I went to an 8120 and am quite happy with my purchase. (Although, my 1090T would not get above 3.8Ghz which was about the same as the 945 it replaced.)

For a multi-tasking non-gaming family I'm guessing the 6300 would be the best bet out of these?

I got a 6300 to toy with. It does 4.6GHz with 1.42v perfectly fine. I can bench 4.8GHz 1.47v with zero problems however in order to stress test it with something like IBT or prime, I'm going to need watercooling. With watercooling 4.9 might even be possible.

Most people will likely need watercooling @ 4.8Ghz and up. Some may get lucky though.

I got a 6300 to toy with. It does 4.6GHz with 1.42v perfectly fine. I can bench 4.8GHz 1.47v with zero problems however in order to stress test it with something like IBT or prime, I'm going to need watercooling. With watercooling 4.9 might even be possible.

Most people will likely need watercooling @ 4.8Ghz and up. Some may get lucky though.

are you using factory heatsink ? with my FX4100 it would run 4.55ghz but the benchmarks didnt seem to increase as expected, i suspect it was throttling. just curious...

Yeah I'm curious what cooler you're using now. With something like a D14 I would think you could get easily into the upper 4's. My Hyper 212 is handling 4.4 on my 8150 and the Piledrivers seem to be a little cooler running than the Bulldozer procs.

I'm using a Thermaltake Frio. It's in a closed SilverStone TJ10B. I keep all my system fans on low. I might be able to stress test it at 4.8 1.47v if I near maxed the fans on the Frio and upped the speed on the fans in my case.

I want to stay in the 56-60c range when running prime. I'm not sure an air cooler would do that with 4.8GHz 1.47v in a closed case. I haven't tried it. I've just benched and gamed @ 4.8. I'm concerned about the combination of the clock speed and voltage. I wish I needed less to do 4.8.

Something like a D14 or a Silver Arrow might indeed do it. I don't have those though.

Last edited:
Yeah might need to look into getting better air flow thru your case as well. That will go a long way and can be good for 3 or 4C in some cases. Im a little surprised at how much voltage youre needing to feed into that thing. I wouldve thought it would work one a little lower juice.

Back