• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

AMD FX 83xx + itx board

opinena

n00b
Joined
Jun 16, 2010
Messages
58
Hello to everybody,
sorry for bad English, I want to ask if there were not addressed in the past, the combination of AMD CPUs (6-8 cores) on ITX boards, no board with socket AM3 + I could not find.

I wanted a low cost revitalize older ITX assembly but perhaps there is no other than buy components for intel.

Existing box:
Silverstone Sugo SG05B
DFI MI P55-T36
OCZ 8GB (2x4) DDRIII 1333MHz CL9
Intel Core i7 860 2,8GHz (Unfortunately, only clocked at 3.0GHz, hereinafter referred to as blue death.)
SSD Samsung 830 128 GB
HDD Seagate XT Momentus 750 GB
DVD-RW - Sony Optiarc Slim Tray
Thermalright AXP-140
Silverstone 450W SFX 80+Bronze
Sapphire R9 270 Dual-X 2GB

I'll help you all that much in return the card for one of these models? 760,770,960,970 or R9 280X,285.

Thank you for the information.
 
There's actually no ITX board for AM3+ and also hardly any FX mATX board that supports 125W 8-core FX.

If you definitely want to go on AMD platform for ITX then get Athlon II X4 860K on FM2+. It's got quite good performance to cost ratio even compared to the Pentium G3250 and has 4 cores.

I don't get what do you mean about the cards. If you want to know what to pick then I'd go for 960 or 970 depending on the budget. All other cards are taking a lot more power.
 
Back
Top