amd fx 8350

hey guys Im a new to all this stuff gut what would be to hot for the 8350@ 4.4 under a load Im getting like in between 55 to 60 degrees celuis is this to hot thanks

No. it is just at the high point. 65C is the general consensus for max, 72C is the throttle limit.

First and foremost make sure to cool your VRMs, they are next to the little boxes that surround the CPU, usually between the CPU and the connections for the back panel and sometimes along the top of the CPU. If they get hot they will quickly throttle the CPU.

Also, not necessary, you can put a fan on the back of the CPU socket if your case allows.

4.4Ghz is the usual max OC on air while still keeping temps within check.

No. it is just at the high point. 65C is the general consensus for max, 72C is the throttle limit.

First and foremost make sure to cool your VRMs, they are next to the little boxes that surround the CPU, usually between the CPU and the connections for the back panel and sometimes along the top of the CPU. If they get hot they will quickly throttle the CPU.

Also, not necessary, you can put a fan on the back of the CPU socket if your case allows.

4.4Ghz is the usual max OC on air while still keeping temps within check.
Thanks alot just didnt want to hurt the cpu thats all

hey guys Im a new to all this stuff gut what would be to hot for the 8350@ 4.4 under a load Im getting like in between 55 to 60 degrees celuis is this to hot thanks

Socket or core temps? What program are you using to measure the temps please?

IMO, while within the "norms" for the FX series I think is a bit high. I have a 9370 (basically overclocked/overvolted version of same processor), by lowering the VID in the bios from 1.5 down to 1.35and lowering the multiplier to a stable clock (4.0.-4.2), my temps dropped significant from 60-65 (under load)/20ish idle, down to 45/15, Going lower V (1.285)/clock (3.6-3.8) my load temps dropped further to 30-35/7ish (load/idle). (using Corsair H100 AIO). IMO, the 10% loss in speed is well worth the nearly half Core temps. Try lowering your core to say 4.2, and VID until stable and your temps will lower as well.

what cooler do you have? those temps are safe but as stated at the high end. so if your ok with it leave it as is or if you want it cooler go to a 240/280 aio. for air coolers, try the reeven justice or the new scythe one [H] just reviewed, either are great and under $50. and do what JustReason said too, vrm cooling is very important!

What are you using to load up the cpu? What cooler? Those temps are safe but I would not want them while gaming. I can understand in something like Intel burn test.

My 8350 would do 4.9ghz at 1.58v. It would be unstable if I kept the fsb at 200mhz and a higher multiplier. Upping the fsb and lowering multiplier gave it the last 200mhz-300mhz OC. That was with an A/C cooled case so the cpu temperature was less then 40c using a water cooler. I would just keep it at 4.7ghz which 1.48v would work, cooler, less stress on VRMS and really not that much different then pushing it to the max in performance.

My 9590 can run stable at 5ghz, 55c, 1.53v without the A/C cooled case using same water cooler used previously on the 8350, I have not tried faster other then quick tests at 5.14ghz due to diminishing returns and don't see the point. To me an OC is only an OC if 100% stable in everything I could do with the machine.

would the cooler master hyper 212 evo do the job nicely or should i look else where besides water

if you getting 55-60 now youll get about the same on the 212 evo at 4.5Ghz. BUT you haven't said what you are using now....

I dontfember its been swhile i think it was a small innermax wirh3 copper pipes and its jusr not getting the job done any mome what would you run as a good heat sink & fan

so its aboot on par with the 212evo. so you need to move up to better like the reeven justice or scythe(fuma) I mentioned above or something better than a 212evo. or 240mm or bigger aio.

A 240mm water cooler would do wonders. Likely you would never go over 50C, staying in the 40C range. I have the h100i GTX.

Also using FSB OCing would likely keep lower temps than Multi OCing. My FX 8350 liked 20 Multi with whatever FSB I set ( 230fsb for 4.6Ghz ). Temp were lower with that than just using Multi Ocing at the same clock ( ie: 4.6Ghz ).

yeah I forgot o mention that too. I'm running 20x240 and its cooler than 24x200 for whatever reason that is beyond me.

Whats the best software to monitor temps with Im using core temp 1.5 at a load it never gose over 44c using a hyper 212 evo

Back