I was picking up catalyst drivers for a friend's machine today and noticed a banner talking about fusion over at the AMD site ( http://www.amd.com/us/fusion/Pages/index.aspx ). I was like, "awesome they're going to divulge more info about the processors." Then I was disappointed. It's just more marketing fluff.
I went over the to ATi site for the drivers and found another tab called "AMD fusion for gaming". Apparently, it's some sort of application that will halt/close other background applications while playing games. I'm not sure how well it works, the video they showed was just 3Dmark and it "seems" to work. I honestly would not use it even though it allows custom profiles to shut off applications.
Here is the page:
http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_fusion.aspx?p=1
Edit: Apparently this was an old topic ( http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1347362&highlight=Fusion ) . I really don't search the ATi gaming site all that often (only to pick up catalysts). Someone can delete this
I went over the to ATi site for the drivers and found another tab called "AMD fusion for gaming". Apparently, it's some sort of application that will halt/close other background applications while playing games. I'm not sure how well it works, the video they showed was just 3Dmark and it "seems" to work. I honestly would not use it even though it allows custom profiles to shut off applications.
Here is the page:
http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_fusion.aspx?p=1
Edit: Apparently this was an old topic ( http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1347362&highlight=Fusion ) . I really don't search the ATi gaming site all that often (only to pick up catalysts). Someone can delete this