AMD Enhances Its Desktop Processor Line Up

HardOCP News

[H] News
AMD today announced new additions to its 2016 Desktop processor family, offering increasingly powerful processor options available for anyone seeking outstanding gameplay and power efficiency for their desktop PC.

New AMD A10-7890K

Setting a new APU Standard, the new AMD A10-7890K is the fastest AMD desktop APU released to date, with 1.02 TFLOPS of theoretical compute performance. This new processor has been paired with the top-of-the-line AMD Wraith Cooler to deliver a high-performance combination, enabling best-in-class online gaming5, while offering near silent operation for a premium experience. Gamers will be able to enjoy playing the most popular online and eSports games right out of the box on high settings with the new AMD A10-7890K APU, which is capable of providing smooth frame rates in some of the most popular online games like League of Legends®, DOTA2, and Counter Strike®: Global Offensive1. AMD APUs combine the power of AMD processors with the performance of discrete Radeon™ R7 class graphics in one convenient SoC, and support DirectX™ 12, OpenGL, Vulkan™, and FreeSync™ in addition to Microsoft® Xbox One™ game streaming on Windows® 10.

New AMD Athlon™ X4 880K

The new Athlon™ X4 880K is the fastest multi-core Athlon™ processor ever made, boasting a 4.2 GHz maximum turbo frequency and an unlocked clock multiplier7. Paired with the new near-silent 125W AMD Thermal Solution - featuring the same capable hardware and performance of the Wraith Cooler, without the illuminated shroud – this processor delivers high multi-core performance that can deliver extremely high frame rates in some of the most played and popular online games, capable of providing smooth performance at 1440p and 4K when paired with a capable graphics card.

They're bringing back the Athlon name? I've been out of the loop so to speak... interesting. I'll have to see the actual performance but something tells me this is to grab at the nostalgia in us.

I like how the description compares AMD chips to it's own line of cpus. If they can't compare to intel then they're not even trying anymore.

They're bringing back the Athlon name? I've been out of the loop so to speak... interesting. I'll have to see the actual performance but something tells me this is to grab at the nostalgia in us.

They've been branding their second-tier offerings Athlon ever since they released the Phenom. It would be interesting to overclock a AMD Athlon™ X4 880K, seeing as it's got the excavator core, maybe HardOCP can get a sample ;).

If they can beat intel performance wise, I'm in. If not, I'm not. It's that simple.

I supported them 100% when they were kicking Intel's ass during the P4 fiasco, but they have SO dropped the ball since then.

And, frankly, simply re-naming video cards that perform the same, or close to the same, as the old one's is really pathetic.

We need the fight between AMD and Intel to fire up again because the whole tech area around CPU's has stagnated.

If they can beat intel performance wise, I'm in. If not, I'm not. It's that simple.

I supported them 100% when they were kicking Intel's ass during the P4 fiasco, but they have SO dropped the ball since then.

And, frankly, simply re-naming video cards that perform the same, or close to the same, as the old one's is really pathetic.

We need the fight between AMD and Intel to fire up again because the whole tech area around CPU's has stagnated.

Nvidia does the same with it's GPUs. Zen is coming and will reignite the fight you wish for.

AMD has always priced their products competitively with Intel. I'm not really sure what you are on about when you demand the "beat Intel".

AMD has always priced their products competitively with Intel. I'm not really sure what you are on about when you demand the "beat Intel".
Some people want better performance, even if it comes at a premium price.

I don't understand the games they're using for their benchmarks other than to say "look at these high frame rates of less graphical demanding games!"

AMD today announced new additions to its 2016 Desktop processor family, offering increasingly powerful processor options available for anyone seeking outstanding gameplay and power efficiency for their desktop PC.

New AMD A10-7890K

Setting a new APU Standard, the new AMD A10-7890K is the fastest AMD desktop APU released to date, with 1.02 TFLOPS of theoretical compute performance. This new processor has been paired with the top-of-the-line AMD Wraith Cooler to deliver a high-performance combination, enabling best-in-class online gaming5, while offering near silent operation for a premium experience. Gamers will be able to enjoy playing the most popular online and eSports games right out of the box on high settings with the new AMD A10-7890K APU, which is capable of providing smooth frame rates in some of the most popular online games like League of Legends®, DOTA2, and Counter Strike®: Global Offensive1. AMD APUs combine the power of AMD processors with the performance of discrete Radeon™ R7 class graphics in one convenient SoC, and support DirectX™ 12, OpenGL, Vulkan™, and FreeSync™ in addition to Microsoft® Xbox One™ game streaming on Windows® 10.

New AMD Athlon™ X4 880K

The new Athlon™ X4 880K is the fastest multi-core Athlon™ processor ever made, boasting a 4.2 GHz maximum turbo frequency and an unlocked clock multiplier7. Paired with the new near-silent 125W AMD Thermal Solution - featuring the same capable hardware and performance of the Wraith Cooler, without the illuminated shroud – this processor delivers high multi-core performance that can deliver extremely high frame rates in some of the most played and popular online games, capable of providing smooth performance at 1440p and 4K when paired with a capable graphics card.

Are these made from that plant in America?

Back