AMD E350 tiny tiny system?

Aleutia looks like they got their hands on one. I tried contacting the supplier in Guangdong, but got nothing back.

Neat part is that it has a mini-pcie slot on the back (for a OS SSD) and a built in psu.

Aleutia just posted on their blog that they're getting a shipment of the boards at the end of the month and will sell them w/ the power adapter and a 4GB sodimm for £220. At this stage you're paying for size...

Unfortunately, the slot on the back, while mechanically correct for mini-pcie is actually a mSATA slot. You can still put a SSD in there (Intel and Samsung make mSATA models), but I haven't found quite the variety of cards for this slot that I have for mini PCIe (raid cards & converters to a full-on PCIe-1x slot, etc).

looks like 2gb sodimm for 220 pounds. over $500 is a bit much to stomach. hopefully the price drops some, or a 7 inch tablet starts to become interesting, since some dual core versions i have seen running windows 7 ;)

Last edited:
they need to make more of these boards with 2 lan ports. they make awesome mini servers, routers, and firewalls.

I'm waiting for a reasonably priced mini ITX fusion board combo to install in my Shuttle K45 (has dead motherboard).

I just got a gigabyte e350n-usb3
I'm satisfied with the performance for video playback, browsing, etc.
Gaming performance sucks. Not even super meat boy at 60fps on a 720p TV.....

bsnes runs like crap too..

Maybe the cause is that I'm using a single DDR3 dimm.

what is bsnes?

An accurate SNES emulator, at least emulation should work fine in these. To be fair MAME goes pretty well, same for ZSNES and Kega

emulator
Zactate only uses Single Channel memory controller

Oh so no big deal then, It should not be affecting my performance

The board works and delivers as it should, video playback is fine, web browsing is fine too, it's quiet and cool.....but a Zotac 9300 + Celeron e3200 would blow this off the water.

The primary features of the Zactate platform is the very low power requirement and associated APU.

It would be interesting to have a side by side comparison of the E-350 to a low power socket 775 dual core.

Yes I know but it's performance is pretty low for a new part, I underclocked my 3 530 to 1.6Ghz and it would still blow this off the water (my test was with an nvidia 210 and restricted to emulators and Super Meat Boy)

Can't test power consumption though...

I'll keep my zacate based system as an strict HTPC

Back