AMD Drivers - no GPU workload

Any chance you have multiple cards and have crossfire on? I've had experiences where enabling crossfire did wonky things with the options. It's a long shot but that's the only thing that came to mind for me.

I would run Display Driver Uninstaller to zero out any traces of driver, then re-install

The drivers enabled Crossfire by default at install. I disabled it before taking the screenshot - no workload tab either way.

I've tried the "clean install" option with the drivers. I'll try removing them with a different utility and install from there.

Ran DDU in safe mode to remove all Radeon drivers. Still no workload tab. These cards have been acting weird since I got them. Changing memory speed in Afterburner has absolutely no effect on hash rate. They'll randomly go from 18 to 20 to 6 MH/s. With the blockchain driver from August, Claymore miner crashes before it gets going. I'm just going to return them and stick with Nvidia for mining.

AMD drivers sometimes won't install properly when components of Afterburner are present.
I would make sure Afterburner is completely uninstalled, then reinstall after the AMD driver.

You can overclock your AMD cards from Claymore command line, rather than fighting with
Afterburner's questionable AMD compatibility, or loss of all custom settings in Wattman for
nonreason of any unrelated crash.

Last edited:
I took out all but 1 RX 580, booted into safe mode, ran DDU, uninstalled Riva Tuner stats, Afterburner, Sapphire Trixx, and GPU-Z. Restarted, installed 17.12.1 drivers, express install, installed ReLive. Rebooted, still no GPU workload tab.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I started with a fresh Windows install. I'm just going to use 1060s.

Back