adan

Gawd
So I built a new PC

MSi-970 gaming Motherboard
AMD 8350 CPU
Dual MSI-480 8 GB video card
1000 watt power supply
Windows 10

I used it for roughly 2 weeks. everything was fine. I went to use it the other day and black screen on monitor, the monitor was getting signal but no display. Reset everything past the Post was black screen. Take computer apart re assemble it. Same thing. Some googling Tells me its the AMD drivers for the video card.

So far i have tried to install AMD

I install it, and 3 minutes into the install screen goes black. An hour later I reset the computer and the drivers are not installed. I used the AMD CC cleaner between installs.

I am downloading 16.7.3 currently to see if it works. Any ideas anyone?

Leave only 1 card in and see if it runs properly for a while with latest drivers.

If it keeps working like that reinstall the 2nd card and see if the problem comes back.

I would try and smell or see if there is anything burned (inside the case) near some of the components (capacitors). And check the videocards as well for this.

Those drivers are EVIL with a RX 480. The ones that work decently are the 16.11.2 Hotfix. I'm assuming that you are running WIn 10 64? There are a few problems with the ones I mentioned, but nothing as EVIL as the ones that you have tried. ;)

I blame Microsoft Anniversary Update as all the drivers worked before that rolled out!

If you can't get the drivers installed or uninstalled, try DDU and allow it to go into Safe Mode.
http://www.wagnardmobile.com/forums/

AMD 16.11.2 Hotfix drivers.
https://hardforum.com/threads/radeon-software-crimson-edition-16-11-2-release-notes.1916431/

Well the drivers that worked before the Anniversary Update; stopped working after the Anniversary update. AMD and Nvidia seem to have figured it out in their newest drivers.

More 'evil' win10 updates it is then :)

Microsoft has a testing program for consumers where you can sign up to run the latest Windows builds. Quite sure AMD and Nvidia are receiving those early builds also. So I blame all 3 corporations for consumers suffering.

I didn't have a problem with the Anniversary Update. Its a bigger update than most but any patch can break your particular setup.

Even Apple manages to break things on iOS updates and they have all of 4 devices running it.

I'm in the Windows Insider program (fast ring). If I had to blame AMD, Microsoft, or nVidia for the general issues, I'd blame Microsoft. There are too many instances of things working in one build and not working in the next...

I'm in the Windows Insider program (fast ring). If I had to blame AMD, Microsoft, or nVidia for the general issues, I'd blame Microsoft. There are too many instances of things working in one build and not working in the next...

You volunteered to be a beta tester. The whole reason they have the program is for you to report bugs and gather telemetry. If that's not acceptable go back to the release ring.

I'm well aware of what my 'duty' is, having been a beta tester for Microsoft (and other companies) for over 20 years. You can bet I'm giving Microsoft a lot of telemetry. :)

My point is that Microsoft is doing a very good job of introducing bugs into its releases without having to claim that AMD and/or nVidia suddenly stopped knowing how to develop drivers; which is an attitude I've been seeing displayed more than once in these forum threads.

I had something similar happen and what worked for me was unplugging my monitor's power cable for about 20 minutes.

Back