AMD Crossfire on Battlefield V?

JMCB

Gawd
Is crossfire working for anyone else on BF5? I have an older setup with 4x R9 290x, but I'm curious if it is working on any of the newer setups.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 173526_capture.jpg
    173526_capture.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: JMCB
like this
I was forced to fall back to a 560ti after my 280x popped :( what driver are you on? make sure youre using the newest, id assume cobra is.

It is not. =(
Strange. I thought SLI was not supported so I'm surprised CF is working.

Yeah, on my 1080 TI setup, SLI doesn't work unless I use Nvidia Inspector (which gives some weird gun motion blur). I was on the latest driver, went into regedit, and disabled ULPS to ensure it was working, but wasn't. It was working on BF1, but now, despite it working, I'm getting awful performance with jittering and low FPS despite all cards at almost 100% usage. Maybe it's time I upgrade my spare rig with some 1080 TI and get myself a 2080 TI hahaha.

I got it working in SLI using NvidiaProfileInspector SLI bit set to Star Wars Battlefront II. DX11 (DX12 set to Off in the game), and be sure to set Future Frame Rendering to On.

I see people getting SLI to work with the profile inspector but I'm on AMD :cry:. I haven't seen anyone get it working on crossfire yet.

Can you please post your BFV video settings and crossfire profile settings? thanks.

I just tried again with my cards. It seems that in DX11 mode of BF-V both cards spin up but only one is rendering. Seems that both SLI/Crossfire and mGPU is indeed broken currently. Game plays flawlessly with my single Vega.

I'm definitely getting SLI performance with DX11. Check your settings. Future Frame Rendering must be On for SLI to work, not sure about CF but I can check.

Awesome if you could figure out for us CF users. Thx
Sorry, BFV doesn't seem to work in Crossfire.

I tried profiles for BF1, Battlefront II, Hardline, and all the AMD presets (AFR compatible, friendly, 1x1). The second card would just not show any activity.

Sad because it was looking great at 4K Ultra settings, but I was only getting 40 fps with 1 Vega 64. With 2 Vegas, 4K60 Ultra should be possible, not sure if they will release a patch.

Sorry, BFV doesn't seem to work in Crossfire.

I tried profiles for BF1, Battlefront II, Hardline, and all the AMD presets (AFR compatible, friendly, 1x1). The second card would just not show any activity.

Sad because it was looking great at 4K Ultra settings, but I was only getting 40 fps with 1 Vega 64. With 2 Vegas, 4K60 Ultra should be possible, not sure if they will release a patch.

Same result here. No crossfire yet. Hopefully they can fix DX12 mGPU. I'm getting excellent scaling from Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

It took them close to 6-8 months for BF1 to gain mGPU support for DX12. Crossfire in DX11 mode worked perfectly out of the box when BF1 and was first launched. Crossfire and SLI were amazingly supported in BF4 after a few updates with that games early fuck-ups. Kinda surprised at Dice for this since they championed both Crossfire officially and SLI with usual driver updates in the earlier BF games. I owned both AMD and Nvidia cards since BF1942 and both forms of support were awesome. I kinda feel let down with this...

The last time I used CX Eyefinity was R=280 but , getting it to fully pick the 2nd card up always involved a full cmos reset and full driver re installed for me on X58 platform .. just the other day pulled a 4Gb RX 570 and dropped 8Gb RX 570 and Ryzen said no id in gpu-z .. had to do both items to get the system to id the card as it looked DOA until . sometimes it does not need it but some times it needs a little work .

Also now that I have 2 = RX570's I have the wild itch to see if the 2200g has game .

Last edited:
This is about as a mixed bag of crap I could mix up and it cross fires with a 2200g as just cpu

Back