AMD crossfire amazon prime displayport

Shaten

Weaksauce
Posting this so the rest of the internet has a chance to find it.

When using AMD/ATI crossfire with a displayPort hub, trying to view a Amazon Prime video will cause the displayPort monitors to disconnect and reconnect. 80% of the time 2 of the 3 monitors will fail to return with the displayPort claiming there are too many devices on the chain. (when there isn't).

Second note: This is tied into the DRM management. At one point I had displayPort monitor 1 come back but when I moved the video from an hdmi screen to the returned screen, the video was black on the screen which points to a DRM issue.

Third note: resetting the DRM in windows 10 didn't effect anything.

Theory Hammer: I think the DRM is getting confused by two video cards writing to the same monitor. The success or failure really feels like a flip of the coin.

Possible solution:
Disable crossfire before viewing the video.

Known solutions
Reboot multiple times, every time the machine reboots there is a chance that a monitor will return.

Turn off the monitors, display port hub, and computer for 6 minutes and restart monitors first, this will fix it 100% a time.

google search:
crossfire multi monitor screen blacking display port too many connections bandwidth amazon prime

Last edited:
Back