AMD Crimson ReLive Edition Drivers 16.12.1

HardOCP News

[H] News
AMD has released brand new Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.1 drivers for all you Radeon owners out there. According to AMD, these drivers offer support for Radeon ReLive, Radeon Chill, and Radeon WattMan. Here's a list of fixed and known issues:

Fixed Issues
  • Unable to launch the Problem Report Wizard from CCCSlim in Radeon Settings.
  • Radeon WattMan Power Limit setting may not retain after hitting apply when Auto Temperature is enabled.
  • DOTA™ may experience flickering in some hero and effect models when running the application in Fullscreen.
  • Pixel Format options may not appear in Radeon Settings on some 4K TV's with Radeon RX 480.
  • The Division™ may experience flicker during gameplay when using AMD Multi GPU configurations.
  • The Division™ may experience an application freeze or hang when running in AMD Multi GPU configurations after extended periods of play.
  • Game quality or performance may be degraded when launching multimedia content on a secondary display before running a game.
  • CIM folder retains under program files even after complete driver uninstallation.
  • Radeon Settings may experience an intermittent crash when accessing Radeon WattMan.
  • Display tab with virtual super resolution may be removed or missing in Radeon Settings.
  • The Radeon WattMan feature may intermittently display a Radeon Software popup error regarding Radeon WattMan for non-supported products.
  • Random crashes may be experienced on Mozilla Firefox.
  • DirectX®12 content may be unable to launch on some older CPUs that do not support popcnt instruction.
  • Intermittent Mouse Cursor corruption may be experienced on Radeon RX 480.

Known Issues
  • AMD FreeSync™ technology may experience performance issues with Borderless Fullscreen application support when a secondary display is attached and has dynamic content running such as video playback in a web browser or if other applications or game launchers are running on the primary screen in the background. A workaround if this issue is experienced is to minimize all other running applications that are on the primary desktop display or on non-primary extended displays.
  • Counter-Strike™: Global Offensive and World of Warcraft™ may experience flickering or performance issues the first time the game is launched on a system boot with AMD FreeSync™ technology enabled. Workarounds include exiting and restarting the application or task switching (alt+tab) in and out of the game to fix the issue.
  • AMD Multi GPU configurations may experience a system hang or reboot during install when using tiled MST 4K or 5K displays.
  • Titanfall™2 may experience black square corruption in game menus or during game play on some Graphics Core Next products.
  • FIFA 17™ may experience an application hang or black screen on launch for some select Hybrid Graphics or AMD PowerXpress mobile configurations.

Known Issues for Radeon ReLive
  • The XBOX™ DVR application may cause conflicts with Radeon ReLive, users are suggested to disable XBOX™ DVR if Radeon ReLive is experiencing issues.
  • Radeon ReLive may fail to install on AMD APU Family products or experience a system hang or failure to record when using the recording feature on AMD APU Family products.
  • Radeon ReLive may experience recording issues or issues toggling the Overlay/Toolbar when Frame Rate Target Control is enabled. Users are suggested to disable Frame Rate Target Control when using Radeon ReLive.
  • Battlefield™1 may experience UI flickering and/or performance drops when recording gameplay with Radeon ReLive on graphics products with 4GB or less of VRAM.
  • DOTA™2 may experience game corruption when performing a task switch while recording with Radeon ReLive in AMD Multi GPU configurations.
  • Radeon ReLive recordings may experience flicker when creating a single recording for many hours.
  • Radeon ReLive may experience minor graphical corruption for the first few recorded frames when launching UWP applications.
  • In AMD Multi GPU configurations the secondary graphics product will exit BACO when Radeon ReLive is enabled.
  • Radeon ReLive will not allow recording settings to change with Instant Replay enabled. A workaround is to disable Instant Replay and change settings then enable Instant Replay.
  • Radeon ReLive Overlay/Toolbar will not launch or Record when running League of Legends™ in Administrator Mode and Windowed Borderless Fullscreen. A work around would be to not use administrator launch privileges or to use Fullscreen mode.
  • Mouse cursor may stutter in recorded video when there is limited on screen activity outside of minor mouse movement.
  • Vulkan™ applications may experience a game hang when using Radeon ReLive to record.
  • Radeon ReLive will not notify an end user of low disk space during recording.

These drivers are pretty good. The new ReLive recording is perfect and easy to use. Performance is actually better in some of the games I tested such as Doom, RoTTR and Witcher 3. Haven't had any issues so far on my R9 390.

Are these WHQL? I don't see "hotfix" anywhere so I want to assume they are, but I thought I would ask before I go installing them and have to uninstall them.

Last edited:
they wouldn't even install on my system. Go figure.

Gonna try flashing back to a stock RX-480 bios, and see if I can get them to install then.

May just be time for a fresh install of windows and update from there. Who knows.

These would not install on my machine, taking me to a very colorful crash, even though nothing is overclocked. Then of course the half-assed install wouldn't uninstall, and system restore had a problem reverting to an older state. I had to do a fresh install of Win10 last night, and games still crash to a black screen after ~15 minutes. I'm going back tot he older drivers, I think.

Core i5 4590
Gigabyte Z97X SLI
Asus Strix RX 470 4GB
16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1600

Was totally stable until I installed ReLive. :(

Okay, so I don't see the one file I usually look for in the package to say rather or not it has OpenCL, however I don't see it in the 64bit pakcage either.
I looked and I do see an OpenCL file in the 32bit package - but don't hooray yet.

It didn't work with folding at home. OpenCL reports as being installed even though I did a clean install from The program and also an uninstall reinstall. It reports OpenCL version 10 something on the 32bit version which I'm guessing is 1.0 and Version 21 something on the 64bit, (I'm guessing in the 2.0 range) Folding At home repeatedly crashes the packet work when using this combo. Although this is much different that the version of OpenCL reported by the driver I normally use (2.0.4.0) in crimson driver 15.12.

I also think either I've got some inventive issue or the installer is broken in later versions as I get an error with the later installer that my Recycle Bin is corrupted on multiple volumes.

Speaking of crashing:

The 64bit install I don't have relive installed (yet) as right after the driver install my system froze and I had to hard reset. Upon reboot things seem fine so far and folding is working.

P.S. Both folding clients are version 7.4.4, I don't think that's my issue either.

I installed these last night and played some Skyrim (the new "remastered" version) and it didn't give me any problems.

Just what we need, more dynamic clock bullshit to help try and make temperatures better that will only end up working properly in the most taxing AAA games.

No 4:4:4 HDR over DP?

Thanks, it worked in on the previous drivers. Even works on the new drivers if I only install the min setup. Seems driver signature enforcement was brought back for only the crimson relive software. They did this at first with the first run of polaris drivers, few weeks later people had work around, and they actually removed the signature enforcement in the later drivers. Appears they brought it back. Joyful.

Thanks, it worked in on the previous drivers. Even works on the new drivers if I only install the min setup. Seems driver signature enforcement was brought back for only the crimson relive software. They did this at first with the first run of polaris drivers, few weeks later people had work around, and they actually removed the signature enforcement in the later drivers. Appears they brought it back. Joyful.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5368210&postcount=95

Seems there is a way of doing this :)

FOR POLARIS USERS WITH MODIFIED BIOS ONLY
Tested only in Win10 x64

I managed to remove the signature check in the driver by following the work done by lordkag in the previous patched driver.
Then another issue came by modifying the driver the whql signature got lost, i did a dirty workaround using the toastyx pixel clock patcher, this tool uses a ingenious method to avoid the driver signature issue.

Follow the instructions and you will have no problems
smile.gif

Download the modified kernel driver here: http://bit.ly/2h0NpwR
Download the Pixel Clock Patcher here: https://www.monitortests.com/forum/T...-Clock-Patcher (needed for the windows driver signature workaround)

1) Navigate to the amd driver extraction directory, usually "C:\AMD" then go into" Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-16.12.1-Dec7\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF\B309333"
2) Extract the modified kernel driver in the "\B309333" directory overwriting the file
3) Uninstall current amd drivers normally and DO NOT REBOOT when asked
4) Reboot with advanced options like so:
5) Press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard and click the Restart button.
6) Choose Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click the Restart button.
7) When your computer restarts you’ll see a list of options, press F7 on your keyboard to select Disable driver signature enforcement.
This is needed only ONE TIME to successfully install the modified kernel, in the next reboot the driver signature enforcement will return to normal.
8) Install the driver normally with setup.exe in C:\AMD\Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-16.12.1-Dec7
DO NOT REBOOT WHEN ASKED
9) When the installation is finished run the atikmdag-patcher.exe (this will take care of driver signature for windows so we no loger need to disabled the enforcement with F7)
10) Press yes to patch the file
11) When finishes reboot the pc and enjoy your modified bios

Thanks to asder00

Bravo AMD, the drivers work fine on my laptop and the features work without issue so far.

Back