• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

AMD cpu prices just got jacked up!

pek

prairie dog
Joined
Nov 7, 2005
Messages
3,510
With all the uncertainty about tariffs I thought I'd pull the trigger today. Started picking things out about 1800 EST. Took a while to narrow down the parts, especially the ram. Figured everything out, went to Amazon (looked at Newegg, too), picked only sold/shipped by Amazon. A 9800x3d WAS $479 at 1800 (parts were in stock) (didn't take a snap of the product page), both Amazon & Newegg. At 2000 I started the cart, bastard was $579 both Amazon & Newegg. And out of stock. Shits started to go to hell. Microcenter still has it @ $479, guess I have a road trip tomorrow (and finalize my cart quick).
 
Last edited:
Were they from 3rd party sellers? Newegg has only been selling 9800x3d in bundles. Everything for $580 on Amazon are from 3rd party sellers.
 
Amazon sold out quick (sold/shipped by Amazon) I got burnt by 3rd party for the cpu, Amazon canceled for my no problem, I make sure it's sold/shipped by them for electronics. Hope Microcenter keeps the $479 until I get there tomorrow. GPU's & MB's have stayed steady so far.
 
The 9800X3D has been going through this swing since release. New batches get sold out almost immediately as scalpers attempt to profit. It should stabilize in the next couple months.
 
It's 3rd party sellers. Wait for the next batch to come through. I got a couple a week ago with no drama at MSRP.

Keep an eye on the combos at Newegg also. Those tend to hang around the longest because not everyone wants the motherboard, but they've been selling combos with X870 boards where the boards are marked down a LOT to keep moving boards.

But what you are seeing is what the 9800X3D entries have looked like since launch day, when they aren't actually in stock.
 
I just bought my new 9900X/Asus ProArt 870E setup last week. I see the board has gone up £40 since I got mine.

CPU is still the same price.

I love how people think that "a country" pays the extra tariffs, not the customer. The education system at work.
 
Isn't $479 MSRP? I'm not saying that's a great MSRP but it's not inflated. I mean AMD knows they have a hit and they are charging accordingly. I remember specifically waiting for the thunderbird based Athlon X2 to drop in price from 1000 friggin bucks back in 2001. The moment it did, I booked it. At $649.
 
Just picked up a Micro Center 9900X bundle for $499.99 + tax...9900X / MSI X670E MAG Tomahawk WiFi / G.Skill Flare X5 Series 32GB DDR5-6000 Kit.

Was $549.99 yesterday. Woke up this morning and saw $499.99. Got a $15 off coupon when I created an account to reserve for pick up as well :)
 
I bought a 9800x3d on Amazon for $479 recently and it shipped direct from Amazon within 2 weeks. Just seems to be luck if you find it in stock and shipped by Amazon.
 
Back
Top