• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

AMD Catalyst 15.6 Beta Driver for Windows

HardOCP News

[H] News
Joined
Dec 31, 1969
Messages
0
AMD has released new Catalyst 15.6 Beta drivers for Windows with optimizations for Batman: Arkham Knight. For the time being, Crossfire support is currently disabled for Batman: Arkham Knight while AMD works with Warner Bros. to resolve the issue.

This driver release included optimizations for Batman™: Arkham Knight. This article provides information on the latest posting of the AMD Catalyst™ Software Suite, AMD Catalyst™ 15.6 Beta. This particular software suite updates the AMD Catalyst™ Display Driver and the AMD Catalyst™ Control Center. AMD Crossfire support is currently disabled for Batman™: Arkham Knight while AMD works closely with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment to resolve the issue. An update for this issue will be released as soon as it is available
 
The last beta's locked up my machine coming out of sleep. Sticking with the last release versions (from December!) until the next WHQL release I think.
 
Why is Crossfire always broken?

I give up.:mad:

Actually, I think everything is broken these days at launch. I cannot believe why Game publishers even bother to wonder why many people decide to wait a few months before buying a new game.
 
I gave up trying new drivers on my 290x cos more often than not they broke something.
In the end I gave up altogether and sold the card.
It was a sad state of affairs that took a lot of the fun out of being a hardware tech.
Now I'm not scared to try new drivers!
 
Remember, these are the guys (game devs) who are going to be responsible for using all the nifty features of D3D12....
 
Actually, I think everything is broken these days at launch. I cannot believe why Game publishers even bother to wonder why many people decide to wait a few months before buying a new game.

Oh absolutely.

There was an article today bemoaning people who buy games 2 or 3 months after release simply because the price always goes down.

I'm with you, I rarely buy a game at release now because it's usually broken and won't work right until 4 or 5 patches down the road.

Some 1 or 2 year old games don't have SLi or CF profiles even today!!
 
Why is Crossfire always broken?

I give up.:mad:

SLI isn't working on this Gameworks game either...
This is the epitome of the shitty console port.
Titan X can't hit 60fps at 1080p...
 
I'm probably one of the few people which the game is running just fine. Installed these drivers for my stock R9 290 and the game runs decently. Sadly wished there was some higher setting than "Normal" for textures.

Anyway haven't run into any issues with AMD drivers in a pretty long time.
 
AMD makes shitty drivers.

Last time I used the beta for GTA 5, it would randomly BSOD my pc and the graphics driver would often stop responding
 
Does these include HDMI 2.0?

Jokes aside, hopefully these pan out. My lower end rig could use a stable updated driver.
 
Last edited:
AMD makes shitty drivers.

Last time I used the beta for GTA 5, it would randomly BSOD my pc and the graphics driver would often stop responding

The hate is real. I'm sure there are 5 people with a solid experience that aren't going to post because they have no issues -- for your negative experience.

Both sides have issues, so think before you leap to into Nvidia's loving arms.
 
The truth is, everyone has differing driver sets, motherboards, cpus, video cards, other add-in cards, power supplies, operating systems and so forth. As often as not, the issue is not purely a driver or single hardware as it is the combination. This is more likely why some people have minimal issue with either video card and some people have significant issues.
 
No issues with my 290, there was a patch with GTA V that borked some things, but I'm not blaming the drivers, as it runs fine again.
 
Back
Top