AMD Catalyst 15.11.1 Beta Driver

Discussion in 'AMD Flavor' started by HardOCP News, Nov 17, 2015.

1. HardOCP News

HardOCP News [H] News

The folks at AMD sent word that the new Catalyst 15.11.1 beta drivers are now out. This driver release includes quality and performance optimizations for Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Fallout 4, Star Wars: Battlefront and Call of Duty: Black Ops III. Grab em' if you need em'.

2. Quix

Quix 2[H]4U

Does it fix CrossFire for Fallout 4? After reading it it's very noncommittal.

3. dook43

dook43 2[H]4U

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3t5b5o/got_crossfire_working_with_15111_beta_driver/

4. Quix

Quix 2[H]4U

I'm planning on dropping these AMD cards soon, Crossfire is too much of a pain. I'll probably just go single-card and to hell with it.

5. dook43

dook43 2[H]4U

I'd agree with that if I played any Gameworks titles. The cards have been working fine in BF4, the Dirt series, Metro, etc. for me.

6. Tuxon86

Tuxon86 Limp Gawd

Do they ever get out of beta?

7. collegeboy69us

collegeboy69us [H]ardness Supreme

As much as I love having the raw power of two cards, I'm more and more in this camp of thinking as well.

The fact that every beta (hell even every legit) release from AMD fucks with SOMETHING on my machine... just pisses me off. Trying their latest and greatest, then having to rollback several times to get back to where my games work like they did, annoying.

And seriously -- optimizations for Black ops III? This game is running on an engine that's 10 years old, in theory some of our phones could run this game if needed. So the idea of having to optimize drivers around this game is pretty silly to me.

Normally I like experimenting with beta stuff, maybe I'm getting old and lazy, but these days, I want to sit down and just PLAY SOME GAMES not fuck with drivers for a few days so I can have a bug free experience.

Ewww I'm sounding more and more like a dirty console peasant. Luckily I haven't turned on my Xbox One for 6+ months :-p

8. The Mac

The Mac [H]ardness Supreme

does it matter?

9. Deathroned

Deathroned Gawd

You do realise that nvidia doesn't have an sli profile in fall out 4 and its a gameworst title go figure.

10. Chaos Machine

Chaos Machine Gawd

I've run sli and crossfire setups and both are pretty much in the same camp regarding compatibility problems. I am willing to put up with teething problems on new video games simply due to the fact that it's the only way to put together a 4k capable pc on a budget. I suspect with wider adoption of 4k that sli / crossfire will only get more popular.

That said, it's still a bummer it's taken this long for any support for fallout. I place blame firmly in Bethesda's camp.

11. sean.b

sean.b Limp Gawd

somewhere on reddit, there's talk of using a Crysis3 profile for crossfire. these drivers, i confirmed, will NOT natively use crossfire. you still have to force a profile.

that said, single card performance for me leaped on these. dual is still meh, but still better than previous drivers. not very noticeably better than single, yet, though. havent tried AFR friendly, yet. that didnt work on previous versions, as it caused light flickering issues ill give that a go on these tonight.

12. sirmonkey1985

sirmonkey1985 [H]ard|DCer of the Month - July 2010

you seem to be very quick to blame AMD for everything developers are screwing up instead of going to the root of the problem which is THE GAME DEVELOPERS.. if the developers can't get their shit straight why should AMD or Nvidia have to constantly fix the game for them. the fact that it's a gameworks game and Nvidia still hasn't been able to get SLI to work in fallout 4 says a whole lot more about the crappy skyrim engine then it does about AMD or Nvidia.

13. Nenu

Nenu [H]ardened

If he changes the driver and his games get messed up, the most likely culprit is the driver.

14. Ticker305

Ticker305 [H]ard|Gawd

These drivers really smoothed out the game and gave me more consistent fps on my 280x. I still get the occasional microstutter here and there, but its not nearly as bad as before. hopefully Bethesda releases some sort of performance patch soon because the game seems to be horribly CPU bound and it doesn't help I'm on a 2500k with 1333hz memory.

15. shad0w4life

shad0w4life Gawd

*cough* 196.75 *cough*

16. collegeboy69us

collegeboy69us [H]ardness Supreme

Gotcha -- Game X runs fine and dandy. <Install new drivers from AMD legit or beta>, Game X stops working properly. Yup that MUST be the problem of the game developers?

Logic fail.

17. R0nnieW00d

R0nnieW00d n00b

Did they fix eyefinity in AC4 yet

18. primetime

primetime [H]ardness Supreme

Did you report the specific issue to amd? Cause i don't recall reading that in any of the change logs yet. Right now it wouldn't be to till the crimson series comes out, assuming there working on it tbh

19. AnubisPrime

AnubisPrime Limp Gawd

Figured I'd chime in that 15.11.1 has made a huge difference for me in FO4.

I have two 7950's in Crossfire. Previously I was unable to get Crossfire working without large negative scaling as others had reported.

15.11.1 seems to have given me a single card increase that was noticeable but not significant. However I can now run Crossfire in AFR Friendly mode and it has been working perfectly.

Able to get 75 constant FPS with everything turned up (minus Godrays) now with 2x 7950 in Crossfire @ 1440p

20. Lorien

Lorien [H]ardness Supreme

21. Tzzird

Tzzird [H]ardness Supreme

I had beta 15.11

Installing beta 15.11.1... will chime in with results from my r9 280 in a bit. I run at 2560 x 1440, low settings and the fps dips to low 20's in outside areas where I can see into the distance for miles. Average fps is probably mid 30's overall and goes up to the 50's indoors.

22. Tzzird

Tzzird [H]ardness Supreme

Ok... I don't really ever dip into low 20's anymore. Looks like the worst it gets now is high 20's. The driver definitely has boosted average fps across the board.

23. cageymaru

cageymaru [H]ard as it Gets

24. magictoaster

magictoaster Limp Gawd

This made a huge difference playing in 1440p with a Fury X. It's a lot smoother and simply a better all-around experience. :)

25. R0nnieW00d

R0nnieW00d n00b

Yep reported the issue 4 or 5 times now

26. britjh22

britjh22 Limp Gawd

You might want to look into faster memory, Techspot found that memory speed actually had an usually high impact. You may be mistaking CPU bound for memory performance issues.

27. polydiol

polydiol [H]ard|Gawd

These work well in game Star Wars Battlefront but I still have flickering menus and loading screens.

28. magoo

magoo [H]ardForum Junkie

When is the new software package coming out?

29. *The*Dark*Lord*

*The*Dark*Lord* [H]Lite

Finally, time to make good use of those two 290X instead of this 750Ti

30. Araxie

Araxie [H]ardness Supreme

supposedly next week.

31. magictoaster

magictoaster Limp Gawd

On the 24th of November (supposedly). *** Got ninja posted *** :D

32. Lorien

Lorien [H]ardness Supreme

Crossfire scaling on Assassins Creed: Syndicate is impressive. Keep in mind the developers have always favored Nvidia in this series. Methinks these latest drivers are paving the way for the R9 Fury X2 announcement

Tests were conducted using the very latest Nvidia and AMD drivers. Take special note that the minimum framerate of the dual Fury X setup is higher than the average of the 980ti SLI cards across the board :)
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  33. Deathroned

Deathroned Gawd

Radeon masterace