AMD Catalyst 15.10 Beta Driver for Windows

HardOCP News

[H] News
All you Radeon owners out there that like to walk on the wild (beta) side should head on over to AMD and download the latest AMD Catalyst 15.10 beta drivers. Highlights of AMD Catalyst 15.10 beta Windows driver:

Performance Optimizations:
  • Ashes of the Singularity™ - DirectX® 12 Quality and Performance optimizations

Resolved Issues:
  • [77786] Video playback of MPEG2 video fails with a playback error/error code message
  • [77754] A TDR error or crash is experienced when running the Unreal Engine 4 DirectX® benchmark
  • [77073] Star Wars™: Battlefront is able to use high performance graphics when launched on mobile devices with switchable graphics
  • [76930] Intermittent playback issues with Cyberlink PowerDVD when connecting to a 3D display with an HDMI™ cable
  • [59403] Ashes of the Singularity™ - A 'Driver has stopped responding' error may be experienced in DirectX® 12 mode
  • [58435] Driver installation may halt on some configurations
  • [76924] A TDR error may be experienced while toggling between minimized and maximized mode while viewing 4K YouTube content

More Beta crap from AMD. They are gonna push me to nVidia one of these days.

So just because they release drivers that are not WHQL (costs lots of money each time they get a WHQL cert) you are going to go Nvidia?

And WHQL takes around a month to get each time.

Would you rather have them be WHQL or get faster driver releases?

In 2008 the Green team said WHQL was a waste of time and that Betas meant Nvidia was on the cutting edge giving gamers acsess to new drivers when they were needed.
Funny how now this flips and suddenly its BETA crap from AMD but turn it the other way and its WHQL crap from AMD.
No winning this shit.

Yeah, while I do believe nVidia keeps producing better top end hardware+drivers, we see a lot of bandwagon hate against AMD (ATI), which for it's cost/value produces amazing hardware.

I feel the same way about Apple users who feel safe chirping their mob mentality superiority diatribe. Pretend individuality/value.

awe man i just installed 15.9.1! Oh well. I'll wait since this doesn't fix anything for me. :)

Some people still have issues with the "beta" tag. You can't change that mindset very easily with some people.

Have they fixed the Crossfire issues with Far Cry 3 and 4, The Witcher 3, and GTA V yet?

I love AMD but even I have to agree with this -- I have Xfire 290s, and the last few beta's have caused my system and games to go to total shit. Stuttering, crashes, bugs to the point where if I wanted to play anything I had to do a restart first.

I rolled back to 15.7.1 and things are mostly stable now. I have to be honest if I ever do a major rebuild, I will probably be looking at nVidia a lot more just for a more "smooth" overall experience.

I love AMD but even I have to agree with this -- I have Xfire 290s, and the last few beta's have caused my system and games to go to total shit. Stuttering, crashes, bugs to the point where if I wanted to play anything I had to do a restart first.

I rolled back to 15.7.1 and things are mostly stable now. I have to be honest if I ever do a major rebuild, I will probably be looking at nVidia a lot more just for a more "smooth" overall experience.

Nvidia drivers are messed up also. PC Gaming hardware and software in general needs more competition so that companies will start to equate value with products that work properly.

Yep, same boat. 290x CF and last few driver releases have been complete garbage even by AMD's standards.

Odd, after replacing my Crossfire bridge on my old CF 280x on Win 10 and a friend's Win 8.1 CF 290x cards have never been smoother. Wonder what the difference could be.

Hi Larry, if it makes you feel any better, the WHQL drivers for my 970 have caused me more game crashes in the last few months than probably all of my cards in history combined !(ok maybe not.. but more so than any other I have owned)

So WHQL can kiss my derriere.

Hi Larry, if it makes you feel any better, the WHQL drivers for my 970 have caused me more game crashes in the last few months than probably all of my cards in history combined !(ok maybe not.. but more so than any other I have owned)

Blasphemer :)

I just did some Ashes of the Singularity bench runs on 15.9.1 beta .. so I guess I could try these and see if any performance was giving.

In 2008 the Green team said WHQL was a waste of time and that Betas meant Nvidia was on the cutting edge giving gamers acsess to new drivers when they were needed.
Funny how now this flips and suddenly its BETA crap from AMD but turn it the other way and its WHQL crap from AMD.
No winning this shit.

Lets be honest here, that was the hay day of vista non sp1.

If 15.7.1 works good why bother with beta and whine when got issues? At least issue bug report to be productive and wait for nonbeta release.

btw 15.10 still has the issue I mentioned in 15.9.1 with core clocks and accelerated video playback.

This has been my experience as well. My 290X running the monthly "beta crap" from AMD has been flawless for the 10 months I have owned it so far. My wife's system with a GTX 970 and those precious WHQL drivers...... not so great. Her 970 gets the boot tomorrow, to be replaced with a 390X. To me, WHQL means fuck all.

I had 15.10 installed to run the benchmark but when I tried to play World of Tanks my screen was purple .. so I rolled back to 15.7 and purple issues is gone and 15.9 and 15.9.1 beta both ran World of Tanks just fine.

IMHO I don't know why anyone is updating to theses drivers. I don't play beta demos and AMD drivers broke AC4 eyefinity after 14.4 So that's the drivers in sticking with until they fix that

IMHO I don't know why anyone is updating to theses drivers. I don't play beta demos and AMD drivers broke AC4 eyefinity after 14.4 So that's the drivers in sticking with until they fix that

Have you tried doing a clean install, or what i usually do these days "reset this pc" back to a clean install? I just searched for some images of that game and wow it does look good...eyefinity must be bad-ass

Have you tried doing a clean install, or what i usually do these days "reset this pc" back to a clean install? I just searched for some images of that game and wow it does look good...eyefinity must be bad-ass

Ya tried clean install and still no luck

Just a heads up, I started a new game of GTA V and it crashes with a Direct3D error:

"Failed Initialization. Please reboot and restart the game. Try reinstalling the game if this persists."

It happens AT THE EXACT SAME moment, every time in the Prologue sequence.

Anyways, rolled back to 15.7.1 and everything is right with the world once more....

Sorry 15.10's, I tried....

Back