AMD Catalyst 12.8 CAP3

HardOCP News

[H] News
We just got word from AMD that the AMD Catalyst 12.8 CAP3 is now available. If you plan on playing Borderlands 2 tomorrow, you'd better head on over and grab the update.

This release of AMD Catalyst™ delivers support for the latest AMD CrossFireX™ profiles in a separate executable file ensuring users have access to the absolute latest set of profiles installed on their PC. New profiles added to this release:

• Borderlands 2 – New CrossFire profile
  • Guild War 2: Resolves grass texture corruption observed when changing graphics settings in a CrossFire configuration
  • World of Warcraft(DX9): Fix the flickering observed when view distance is changed to fair in graphics settings when CrossFire is enabled
  • Depth Hunter: Resolves shadow flickering seen when running in CrossFire mode
  • Dirt Showdown – Resolves flickering seen in CrossFire mode
  • War of Roses – Fixes flickering seen in CrossFire mode

Launch day crossfire profile for an nvidia game, this is an improvement!

Just a Heads up I rolled back to cat 12.4s with the latest cat and I'm getting 100 to 140fps in GUild Wars 2 in tri fire mode with my 7970s, with just 2 of them in XFire I'm getting 70 to 100fps. Using any newer Cats I get crappy performance.

Does Borderlands 2 benefit from the driver update for single-card setups?

I am pretty sure this release is just for 2 or more cards, single cards don't need the CAPS.....Correct?

OK thanks, installed just for your answer.....:) Not sure if it will do anything w4lles.....:(

For those wondering about single card solution performance... I'm using a 6850 with 12.8's with no caps and Borderlands 2 works perfectly.

Im getting over 300 FPS and 250Fps consistent with everything maxed at 1920X1200 in tri fire with 7970s and no hiccups.

World of Warcraft(DX9): Fix the flickering observed when view distance is changed to fair in graphics settings when CrossFire is enabled
I'm not sure why anyone would be playing World of Warcraft in DX9 instead of DX11 given the performance improvement that DX11 brings. This is true even when using DX10 cards. Still, good to see AMD is still giving attention to the game.

I had to roll back after previous update.
Skyrim ran like shit. not sure what the deal is.

After the latest WOW patch shadows flicker for some people when set to HIGH but not any other setting to bad that wasn't addressed as it seems ULTRA is pretty brutal on the fps.

it (skyrim) runs decently for me (2 7970's). At least if you don't mind MASSIVE micro stuttering every once in a while.

Youtube is very slow though. There's sometimes a 5 second delay between pressing the pause button and the video actually pausing just to give an example.
Might just be a firefox thing though, gonna try google chrome see what that does.

Back