AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta 11 and 12.11 CAP2 Released

Just installed this BETA with the new CAP. No installation issues and I have not run any games yet but the idle clocks are still 500 for the GPU and the ceiling for the memory. Same issue with the release drivers. Love it when any company manages to take a functioning feature and break it with an update. :rolleyes: Hopefully it'll get fixed soon so I'm not stuck doing it manually with profiles too long. I often forget to downclock after gaming sessions.

Are you using Windows 8? In Windows 8, my GPU RAM is always running as max speed. Possibly because the Windows 8 UI is more hardware accelerated now?

Are you using Windows 8? In Windows 8, my GPU RAM is always running as max speed. Possibly because the Windows 8 UI is more hardware accelerated now?
If you have more than one monitor, your GPU RAM should always be running at full clockspeed.

AMD altered their drivers to behave this way after the HD 5800 series cards exhibited flickering when using multiple monitors. Secondary displays would flicker every time the memclock was altered (just moving a window around the desktop could cause the card to clock up slightly, causing horrible flickering), and the only way to fix it was to lock the memclock to full speed at all times.

Note, this only applies to extended-desktop display modes. Eyefinity display groups do not suffer from this particular flickering issue.

Tried out these betas, should have known better...

Issue 1: Semi-regular display driver crashes when monitors come back from power-save mode.
Issue 2: Momentary cursor corruption when the cursor runs past window borders.

Back on 12.4 now, no more problems.

Guys these new Drivers seem to be ok but now my Crysis 2 is flickering out of control, F1 2011no longer scales in tri Fire. I'm running 3 gigabyte reference cards in Tri-Fire 1100/1625, 2600k @ 4800mhz. All other games seems alright.

I actually went back to 12.11 BETA8. BF3 was hanging on the loading screen every now and then when maps changed playing multiplayer with the BETA11. I still get a DirectX crash that the BETA8 "recovers" from every now and then when I try to launch BF3. I simply reboot and everything works fine from there on. I still have found the 12.4 to be the most stable drivers to date for me.

Gave these another shot after running driver sweeper (rather than just upgrading from an old version).

Same result. The driver often crashes when the displays resume from power-save mode. It actually caused me to lose a few hours worth of work in photoshop today. Not happy :mad:

Really getting tired of drivers that don't work...

Gave these another shot after running driver sweeper (rather than just upgrading from an old version).

Same result. The driver often crashes when the displays resume from power-save mode. It actually caused me to lose a few hours worth of work in photoshop today. Not happy :mad:

Really getting tired of drivers that don't work...

Should you be running beta drivers on a work machine? I'm getting the same issue, so I'm also annoyed at AMD, but the workaround is simple - turn off monitor power saving features or rollback to older drivers.

Should you be running beta drivers on a work machine? I'm getting the same issue, so I'm also annoyed at AMD, but the workaround is simple - turn off monitor power saving features or rollback to older drivers.
Honestly, all drivers out of AMD seem to be beta-quality. No matter what one I go with, there are pretty obvious issues. Figured I might as well try the latest.

Rolling back to older drivers just means getting a different set of bugs. Even going to 12.4 isn't perfect, since it causes a BSoD once every week or two (where as these betas cause a driver crash that the OS can recover from).

Tried these out yesterday after being stuck on 11.4 and it appears these finally fix the micro-stuttering I experienced on all drivers after 11.4. There's still graphical issues using eyefinity resolutions with BF3 (missing missle lock reticle, but only on middle screen now, not all screens) but it works really well otherwise.

I just got a xfx black edition 7850, using the beta drivers everything works fine so far in games ive played,should I also install cap!this is my first amd card in many years.....not to familiar with there drivers.

I just got a xfx black edition 7850, using the beta drivers everything works fine so far in games ive played,should I also install cap!this is my first amd card in many years.....not to familiar with there drivers.

No reason not to install the CAPS profile as it does add performance to single card configurations in certain games.

Back