AMD blockchain drivers - crashes instantly when mining

allen5055

[H]ard|Gawd
I just got two vega 64 cards. I tried mining with the newest driver and get about 38.5 mhash per card. I expected more, so I installed the blockchain drivers but it instantly crashes when mining. I see squiggly lines on the screen and wattman resets. I've tried reinstalling the drivers with a clean install. I've tried stock clockspeed and memory. I've tried lowering the core clock. It crashes every time.

Both cards are under water so temperature is not an issue. Getting 40c for the core and 50c for the memory on both cards.

With amd 17.9.2 my optimal settings were 1100 core and 1100 memory. Per gpu-z my gpu core power draw was 130w. I undervolted to the max wattman would allow, putting both core and memory at 0.8v. This produced about 38.5 mhash but I expect these cards should get 41-44mhash especially under water. I suspect the 17.9.2 driver is significantly worse than the blockchain driver because of the DAG issue.

Any ideas? I haven't read about anyone else having this problem with the blockchain drivers.

Last edited:
I figured it out. When I installed new drivers Crossfire reenabled, which made the cards crash.

Good to know and thank you for coming back and posting your fix, that's a refreshing change!

Back