AMD Barton 2500 heatsinks!!! which one?

thiago

Bad Trader
Joined
Feb 24, 2003
Messages
177
Thermalright Si97 and Sp97 are looking really great... although I don't know which ones to get, I want to keep this computer under 53C always even when running almost at full load... I really want a good cooling solution for the processor and I need suggestions opinions and help.. :) Please do


Would the ALX800 be better to get or no ?
 
The SI-97 out performs the SP-97. My 2500+ is overclocked to 3200+ with an SLK-800 and i full load at 51C. You should be able to keep it under 50C with any decent heatsink.
 
fuzzy34 said:
The SI-97 out performs the SP-97. My 2500+ is overclocked to 3200+ with an SLK-800 and i full load at 51C. You should be able to keep it under 50C with any decent heatsink.
Should I go with the slk 800 instead of the si97?
 
Any of the above-mentioned heatsinks will do a good job. I'd lean away from the SLK-800 though, only because it uses an 80mm fan (whereas the other two use 90mm fans, which can be more quiet).
 
DanK said:
Any of the above-mentioned heatsinks will do a good job. I'd lean away from the SLK-800 though, only because it uses an 80mm fan (whereas the other two use 90mm fans, which can be more quiet).
the noise doesn't bother me I just want the better cooling solution, you know.. ?
 
go with the SI97...i have had both and the SI97 is better but the SLK800 is still a very good cooler.
 
I guess i'm going to go with the Si-97... any fan recomendations, I want a really powerful fan:)!
 
I have a 2500+ barton overclocked to 3200+ with an SLK-800

My current load (100% on Folding) is 40C :D

Case is a thermaltake Xaser 3 with 7 Panaflo U1As on a Rheobus, CPU HSF is a Thermaltake 80mm Smartfan running 100%.

I could overclock further, but this is my goal, and my ram is only rated to 333 :p
 
If you want a ridiculously powerful fan, I have a 92mm Delta fan that moves 110CFM. It's louder than a hairdryer though... a tornado would probably be good enough.
 
People want really powerful fans until they hear how loud the fans are.
 
Jerunk said:
People want really powerful fans until they hear how loud the fans are.
I've had loud fans, I already said it doesn't bother me... :-p thats why I want a loud big powerful noisy fan...
 
as long as it's a socket-A it'll fit your cpu. The SI-97 is a socket-A cooler so yes it will work.
 
thiago said:
I've had loud fans, I already said it doesn't bother me... :-p thats why I want a loud big powerful noisy fan...

That's what I used to think, Loud is aight.. as long as I can get a good overclock... then one day I realized I couldn't stand it anymore... now i'm whisper quiet :D hehe
 
Back
Top