AMD Athlon XP 2600+ 2.13ghz 1g ram

ToxicAdam

Limp Gawd
What's the best ATI/ nVidia AGP graphics card that won't be bottlenecked by my CPU?

Thank you.

read this

also remember that some games are more limited than others...

and if you are CPU limited at say 30fps... that just means you can run at higher resolutions with more graphical options turned on

I have a 2100+ OC'd to 2400+ level and I'm going to be using a $250 x1950pro 512mb until I upgrade to core2duo... at that point I'll sell the card.

One thing to consider though... chances are to use this card you'll need a new power supply also... my old 530watt PSU had only 18a on the 12v... these cards recommend 38a.

How does the Radeon X1650PRO 256MB compare to that 7600gs? the article anonuser posted it seems X1650PRO would be the best.

The article benchmarks an x1950pro, not an x1650pro. As for which one; IMO it should come down to price. Based on that article, you're not likely to see worlds of difference between the cards.

My x800xt was bottlenecked by my old Althon XP 2600
Feeling the same way about my 2600+ and 6800GS. It should be able to run BF2 on at least half high, half medium at 1280x1024 without much lag...but it doesn't. I have to run BF2142 on all lows and maybe one or two mediums to avoid constant lag, and even then I lag sometimes.

I dont think that review was quite accurate. My 2500+ & 7800gs gets much better average FPS then they stated.

well ur rig might be different than the one they used in the benchmark!! and if u could see he wants an ati card

i noe, but u gotta read wat he wants. i mean seriously, did u read his first post? im not trying to be mean or anything but im just wonderin. and an x800xl would be great, does great for me! and actually the x1650pro aint to bad.

i noe, but u gotta read wat he wants. i mean seriously, did u read his first post? im not trying to be mean or anything but im just wonderin. and an x800xl would be great, does great for me! and actually the x1650pro aint to bad.

I read his post, and bladestorm just mentioned what he runs, also, l-e-a-r-n t-o t-y-p-e. is it that hard to put a yo in front of the u?

/grammar and spelling nazi

And OP, if your looking for AGP, the 1950pro would be where its at, but your running into problems with an end of life processor, might want to instead save cash for an upgrade.

Also, don't limit yourself to one brand, see if you can find a deal on a 7800GS or 7600GT also, I would be hunting for price/performance now, not just speed, as your card will soon be at doorstop status.

Remember, AGP cards will be in demand for a while to come and this will probably be the last and best release of one...

Which means it should hold it's value well.

I plan on selling mine in a few months.

Also, don't limit yourself to one brand, see if you can find a deal on a 7800GS or 7600GT also, I would be hunting for price/performance now, not just speed, as your card will soon be at doorstop status.
oh, im not. I am looking either ATI or nVidia base AGP cards. I meant to put that in my first post...

Those x1950pro, 7800GS and 7600GT are rather expensive.. I think they would be bottleneck by my CPU...not to mention that is a lot of cash to put into this old PC. I'm looking hard at the x1650pro and the 6600gt! but there are so many different versions :confused:

Its the quality of the Watts not the sheer amount. Good brand 350 is Ok for a well loaded older system.
Such as Enermax or Silverstone. The lower end units can be had for a rather cheap rate over there in the US. Their 400 or 500 watt units should allow you to run that rig into the ground :D

get a x800 pro 256 or somthing close like x850 or such.. they are very cheap used and will kick ass high res = gfx card power low res = cpu power

Back