AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core 4400x 2.2ghz... is it possible to overclock?

I had mine to 3Ghz. 11x173. Right now its stable and prime tested at 2.85GHz at 11x165.
It just depends how luck you get with your chip.

Search here for Overclocking help, its there! Good luck

I just read your thread. Looks like your the envy of the AMD guys right now. This is my mothers computer so I don't want to get anywhere near OC'ing like you did but bumping it from 2.2 to 2.5 prob. won't hurt it. (depending on the chip)

So... what programs did you use. Any suggestions?

If you want to do a quick fast OC, then go with 250x11 that will give you approx 2.75GHz. Some chips cant do it but if you got a good chip you should beable to. Normally guys will lower the multi and raise the FSB to be as high of a number they can get tho, cause the higher the FSB number the faster its gonna move the process. but the lower the multi the less everything else gets. So if you can do 250x11 and prime test for about 7-10 hrs with no errors and keep the load under 45c with 1 prime test running then id consider it safe. With 1 prime test running for 7hrs i never went past 40c.

Depending on what motherboard you have, you might be very limited to overclocking at all.

its posible,what mobo do you have and memories?
wait details?

It can be OC'd, but your results may vary. tscompusa has a great OC, yet I can't get my 4400+ past 240x11. All you can do is try and see what your chip can get to.

Back