AMD Athlon 64 FX-55 2.6GHz Socket 939 Processor $139.99 shipped free,

good deal on those CPU's - a friend bought a couple of them with the same promo/price a couple weeks back, but during shipping they ended up getting a couple bent (very mildly bent though) pins, so Newegg filed a damaged shipping claim and sent him replacements... and I picked the pair up for 90$ each, shipped - excellent steal of a deal!

At the price Newegg is asking, they are worth buying! the cheapest price I could find up here in Canada is around 380$ each, plus shipping.

~NortH~

NortHWizarD said:
good deal on those CPU's - a friend bought a couple of them with the same promo/price a couple weeks back, but during shipping they ended up getting a couple bent (very mildly bent though) pins, so Newegg filed a damaged shipping claim and sent him replacements... and I picked the pair up for 90$ each, shipped - excellent steal of a deal!

At the price Newegg is asking, they are worth buying! the cheapest price I could find up here in Canada is around 380$ each, plus shipping.

~NortH~

How did you got the pair for $90 each?

Pair this one with the $69 ULTRA D-SLI motherboard in the HOT Deal and you got the $1000 system from $2004 :D

Damnit, I've been waiting for the right deal for a while now to get a new motherboard+cpu+24psu.

I have JUST enough to get a nice FX55 setup, it's sitting in my cart, but I REALLY would like to go for the longer useage of an E6300 for roughly the same price (when the deal comes).

Must.... wait.... better.... deals.... will come. :eek:

---

PS: The code works, you have to type in all caps I think.

AMDROCKS50 != amdrocks50

Not crazy enough. I think from performance point of view it should have been under $100 by now. Single core, and cannot even compare to E6300.

annaconda said:
Not crazy enough. I think from performance point of view it should have been under $100 by now. Single core, and cannot even compare to E6300.

You have a point. But we're talking about a chip that used to be $1000 not too long ago..

Does the shipping expire on 11/07 or is it the whole deal?

annaconda said:

you might wanna check out the benchmarks again. The fx-55 puts a hurting on all the lower end dual cores in games, although they are a little bit faster in most other tasks.

I did alot of research before I bought one (when this deal was going on the last time) and found in games the closest comparison is at least $300.

butterfliesrpretty said:
you might wanna check out the benchmarks again. The fx-55 puts a hurting on all the lower end dual cores in games, although they are a little bit faster in most other tasks.

I did alot of research before I bought one (when this deal was going on the last time) and found in games the closest comparison is at least $300.

Dude be realistic, it has been year or so since we got dual cores and now we are in the era of quad cores. Who needs single core any more, unless they are under $50, you can buy X2 3800 or Opteron 165 for the same price, not to mention e6300 for some $50 more, which can overclock pretty well and gives you twice the performance of this processor. Why waste money on single core instead? :confused:

annaconda said:
Dude be realistic, it has been year or so since we got dual cores and now we are in the era of quad cores. Who needs single core any more, unless they are under $50, you can buy X2 3800 or Opteron 165 for the same price, not to mention e6300 for some $50 more, which can overclock pretty well and gives you twice the performance of this processor. Why waste money on single core instead? :confused:

These seem to overclock well too, and referring to the e6300 not all of us want to upgrade our mobo with our processor.

Some benchmarks to show my point

http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu.html?modelx=33&model1=430&model2=482&chart=170

http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu.html?modelx=33&model1=430&model2=482&chart=168

http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu.html?modelx=33&model1=430&model2=482&chart=167

http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu.html?modelx=33&model1=430&model2=482&chart=165

Yeah, I'm just not sure it's worth it for a single core these days. You can buy a 3000+ like mine for $30 on Ebay, and overclock the crap out of it.

Ehhh I bought this chip ( but san deigo for the same price a couple weeks ago )

Overclocked to 3.0ghz easy. Sold it again, lost $10 on it. Bought an opteron 144 from newgg for half the price, overclocked it to 3.1ghz on stock voltage.

Have a good day.

O yeah prove?
3-1.jpg

newegg's current stepping of 144 ( YMMV ) overclocks BADASS.

I'm a guy with a 3000+ a64. I run everything stock, would this be a huge boost in performce for me and would it be worth it?

nas82 said:
I'm a guy with a 3000+ a64. I run everything stock, would this be a huge boost in performce for me and would it be worth it?

if your motherboard supports it, yes.

nas82 said:

maybe you should trying pushing ur 3000+ a little. 2.4ghz wouldnt be an unreasonable o/c.

Back