• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Overclock

Postal76

n00b
Joined
Nov 26, 2005
Messages
9
I currently have my Athlon 64 3500+ venice core OC'd at ~2.6GHz from the stock speed of 2.2GHz (on STOCK cooling). I think I had to up the core voltage to about 1.52v. I didn't have to change anything with my memory, as I'm pretty sure it's running stable at 237MHz (I have 2GB of Corsair Valueselect DDR400).

So, my questions are:
1.) How do I lock the PCI/AGP speed? The only option I see in my BIOS (I have an Abit nForce 4 Socket 939 mobo) pertaining to this is a PCI clock that is set to 100MHz by default. Is it possible that there is a PCI/AGP lock by default and I don't have to change anything?

2.) Assuming that this overclock is stable, would it be safe to leave it OCed at 2.6GHz or is this pushing it too far? Under load I'm pretty sure the temp has stayed below 55 Celsius.
 
You must have one of those rare agp socket 939 boards :) I do believe they are locked by default.

2.6 is safe for that cpu, its a venice and they are good OC cores. 55c is high I'd look into upgrading your HSF and you can probably take that 3500+ much further to something like 2.7 - 2.8 range
 
Back
Top