AMD Adds Zen 3 Code To Kernel

erek

[H]F Junkie
Pretty cool, wonder if the source code will point to any details about the specifications at all:

"AMD's Lisa Su also revealed in a recent interview in its own "The Bring Up" series that "There might be a few people wondering about Zen 3 as well, and I can tell you that Zen 3 is doing really well, we're excited about it, and I look forward to talking more about that later in 2020.""

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-adds-zen-3-code-to-linux-kernel

Looking forward to bumping my 3700x to a 4950x (i hope.. assuming x570 supports it).. Will be such a huge lift in performance for me, would have no need to consider a second build with a lower end threadripper anymore.

Looking forward to bumping my 3700x to a 4950x (i hope.. assuming x570 supports it).. Will be such a huge lift in performance for me, would have no need to consider a second build with a lower end threadripper anymore.

3800X here and yes, I also plan on dropping a 4950X in to my rig later on in the year and am very much looking forward to it! I think since Apple moved on to 5nm and AMD realized what the demand was that they'll actually make better efforts to stock the CPUs. Might as well max out AM4 while we have it. :)

Back