AMD A10 Temps, is this normal?

xdviper

Gawd
Take a look at this screenshot. It's a HP G7 Laptop, it originally came with a A6 and I upgraded it to the A10 trinity APU. I've cleaned the heatsink and put the IC 7 Carat Diamond thermal paste on there and look at these temps. The laptop isn't shutting down, the temps look to be accurate as I've used AIDA64 and others. But holy shit look at these temps. I've cut open the plastic casing near the fan so it pulls air directly without any vents neither. Anything I can do to make it cooler besides undervolting?
yf7EQnp.jpg

umm no... how is that even still working... check the fan and heat sink now.... bring duster and shut down... 90C is beyond the thermal limit that much higher the pc should not be functional let alone stable and should be throttling pretty hard to try to prevent burn up... those sensors have to be off by alot. get an ir thermometer and check it manually...

that said 288 is

If that temp was accurate you'd think you'd smell burning plastic and you'd burn yourself just touching the keyboard!

Temperatures aren't normal, but the reporting is. A10's sensor reporting is mostly useless and only one of them is usually right. Being a laptop it might be that HWMonitor doesn't have a proper reading. Your best bet is to check the temp with vendor's software if there is one. Some kind of MBO monitoring or BIOS access from Windows. If there is none, check the exhaust and casing temp with your hand. If it is ok and everything works normally, ignore it.

Back