AMD A10-5800K Skyrim performance?

thomasward00

Limp Gawd
I'm looking to build an A10 rig, will a new A10-5800K with 16 gigs of 1866 play Skyrim at an acceptable level?

Thanks in advance

If you want to play Skyrim using the integrated GPU then no...unless you run it at low settings. If you plan on getting a discrete GPU then you want to upgrade to any Intel chip.

^ i ran it on a 2500K's integrated @ 1280x720 for a week. the A10 will run it on high settings.

I think you would be better off building an Intel setup with a discrete GPU; especially if you intend to install Skyrim Mods.

Intel is not an option guys... Buying Intel would be like voting for Obama.... what a horrible thought.

i bought a FX-8120 setup for the wife with liquid and blah blah and it runs awesome. i have nothing bad to say about AMD and i am after all born and raised in a AMD family. But i decided to be the black sheep of dad+siblings and make a intel build with a i5 3570k on air, it took another week or 2 for me to offord it but i slaughter them in bench marks and im only @ 4.5ghz my dad is sitting @ like 5.1 or 5 even. and holy shit the power draw/ heat is huge! no hot air is coming out of my case from any fans, but my brother rig is like a raging inferno. 16 gigs is slight over kill imho but each to thier own. I have 16 gigs as well and i have no idea why.

In other words, if you spend a crap load of money, you can pretty much play any game on the highest settings.

if you are wanting the best integrated solution -- the A10 is the chip to go.

It destroys anything from intel in the graphics department -- of course the actual CPU part of it isn't as good as intels but we are speaking strictly graphics. For 100-120 dollars, getting a quad core with an integrated GPU that whoops up on the HD4000 -- hella good deal at the moment.

I just put together an budget AM3/A10 combo - got the motherboard for 49 dollars on newegg!

just get the A10. have no fucking idea what is going on in here anymore. yea, it can play skyrim fine on high settings. "acceptable" is subjective because to me that's 60+ fps maxed out, but the AP?U is fine for the game.

just get the A10. have no fucking idea what is going on in here anymore. yea, it can play skyrim fine on high settings. "acceptable" is subjective because to me that's 60+ fps maxed out, but the AP?U is fine for the game.

Thanks for the info, I'm not that big into games anymore, it's just that I'd like to play Skyrim at a halfway decent level.

Game here and there but certainly not every day.

This screams AMD fanboism. I have Intel, but I'd still buy AMD if I wanted something else to play with. Have you not seen the [H]ard reviews? Especially the one on Piledriver?

Unless he has like the motherboard or something. Not sure.

I guess more info from the OP would be helpful.

Man, my old Core2Duo 2.66ghz and ATI 5850 played the game at high-max settings with 30-40 fps, I doubt your new system build would be worse :D

I would've figured AMD would be the underdog, hippy, granola-eating choice of companies, vs the global goliath of Intel. Strange.

Back