Amd 790fx WIndows 7 drivers needed?

rhansen5_99

2[H]4U
Hey please don't flame me if this is a dumb question but here goes, when installing Windows 7 beta rc1 (7100 build) x64 are there any drivers for the AMD 790fx chipset?

In the past I have always used nvida chipsets, where the process is simple go to nvidia.com, and download the latest driver for the chipset in question. But since I am relatively new to the AMD chipsets, and am using a MSI 790fx motherboard, I was curious if I need to do the same, as the only chipset drivers I can find on AMD's website is those for integrated solutions.

Btw the board runs great, I just want to make sure I am using the latest and greatest.

Thanks

when you install the cat control center package the north bridge driver is in the package at least thats the way it is on the 32bit package....

I asked the exact same question a while ago. The answer was that unless I was running RAID then I did not need any drivers as Windows 7 does not have it's own chipset drivers listed yet.

I asked the exact same question a while ago. The answer was that unless I was running RAID then I did not need any drivers as Windows 7 does not have it's own chipset drivers listed yet.

pretty much..

but as for the question.. all of the chipsets.. intel/amd.. the vista drivers work in windows 7.. that was the big scam/joke from asus a while back trying to claim they were the first to have windows 7 drivers..

Back