• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

AMD 65 nanometre CPUs

Joined
Oct 16, 2006
Messages
3
Some online stores in Germany are listing them as in stock and available (Nov 11). It won't be long for the rest of the world. :D

I'll bet reviews start showing up by Tue. maybe sooner.
 
crap i was just about to buy an e6400. do you think this will affect conroe pricing?
 
jcll2002 said:
crap i was just about to buy an e6400. do you think this will affect conroe pricing?


Considering that it probably still won't compete with Conroe... I doubt it. If any price cuts are coming it'll happen early next year when they launch the "lower end" quad cores.
 
jcll2002 said:
crap i was just about to buy an e6400. do you think this will affect conroe pricing?

I would still get the Conroe. I dont think there anything new, just a die shrink from there 90nm line. All you gain from it, is a cooler processor and possible some more OC room. Dont think any speed increases are on the way until K8L.
 
hstuehmeyer2000 said:
Conroe can suck my left nut :rolleyes:

Ummm ok...... :rolleyes:

The guy was considering buying a e6400 and now doesnt know if he should and get a 65nm processor. I was just trying to say the e6400 would still be a better choice. I wasnt trying to say "OMGZ Conroe still PWNZ AMD" or some !!!!!! message like that.
 
jcll2002 said:
crap i was just about to buy an e6400. do you think this will affect conroe pricing?
I do not think that this will affect Conroe pricing in the short term.
 
This will be like the winchester core s939 chips. A die shrink to field test 65nm using the public. After the die shrink, you will eventually see AMD release the chips that make full use of the new technologies. K8L
 
Conroe can suck my right nut!


Just figured I'd say it before someone else did :D


Anyhow, I'd love to see how the 65nm parts OC, but I'm not holding my breath! AMD usually doesn't have much success with the very first revision of a die shrink.
 
this would explain amds roadmap including an X2 6000+ but it was to conicide with the launch of the FX 70, and the start of 4X4.
 
conroe can suck both of my nuts! :D

65nm gets me excited in the pants. C'mon amd!
 
Note if you follow the links in the article, the listing shows 90nm. I call shens. And Rev. G is 65nm....not Rev. F2. :p

 
Be aware that inquirer thread has now been pulled.

F2 revision is NOT 65nm its a low power 90nm CPU

oc_f2.png


I have had this CPU almost 2 months now so I know its a Low Power 65w 90 not a 65.
 
i think the inq just got it wrong, i think amd is going to start shipping 65nm K8 procs, they have to. its a quick answer to conroe.
 
Back
Top