Amd 64 VIA K8T800 or nForce 3 250??

im getting my package in pretty soon from retailaccess.com. it comes w/ the a64 3200+ and a Asus K8v Se deluxe. ive seen that the nforce3 chipset is better. ive been thinking about selling this motherboard and going w/ the MSI K8n Neo platinum. This a good choice? i want a good motherboard that can overclock really well.

both chipsets are supposed to be pretty good.
My self Ill be doing a FX-53 + ABIT AV8 (or whatever it is LOL) myself Ive never had a problem with either a VIA or NV chipset.

The Asus doesnt offer AGP/PCI locks at the moment, so since you want to overclock, its a bad choice. The MSI would be the better of the two, but there are many other good options out there, like the Epox 8KDA3+.

The VNF3-250 didnt do too bad in Anandtech's review, but I'm still suggesting the Epox 8KDA3J, which is only $11 more than the VNF3-250 and the Epox is the 250GB chipset, rather than that Chaintech's 250 chipset.

I've got an epox mobo. Haven't tested it out yet [still waiting for the rest of the new comp to get here].

250gb is the more advanced chipset, meaning a bit speedier. It also includes a hardware firewall built right into the board to save cpu cycles and gigabit lan.

XxRoCkMaNxNEOxX said:
whats the difference between the plain nforce 250 and the 250GB?

namely chipset firewall and Gigabit LAN and not sure bt some more SATA ports

if you're looking for chipsets, i'd stay away from via's. i've heard good and bad things, but the majority of comments are negative. :(

bored-sarcasm said:
if you're looking for chipsets, i'd stay away from via's. i've heard good and bad things, but the majority of comments are negative. :(

maybe in for the reg. socket A but for the 754 i hear they are good .

Back