AMD 64 (939 Pin cooling)

ALYNCH75

Limp Gawd
Stock heatsink or one of the Zalman

Which will keep the CPU cooler.????

I know that the stock heatsink is loud but I am not worried about the noise just worried about keeping my system cpu cool

ALYNCH75 said:

I know that the stock heatsink is loud but I am not worried about the noise just worried about keeping my system cpu cool
do you even have to ask? zalman

ALYNCH75 said:

If your not worried about loud, then you might want to look at the Thermalright XP-90 or XP-120 with a high flow panaflo fan. I had better cooling with my XP-90 and a panaflo then the Zalman.

I need to chosse between the zalman and the stock heat sink. does anyone have the numbers on the stock heatsink ie.. dba,,,,,fan speed, etc.

Go with the xp-90 if you are on a budget, and if you have money to burn get the xp-120 or the new zalman 9500 as Hexus0 one said :)

Thermalright heatsinks aren't directly compatible with Gigabyte K8 boards due to the proprietary retention mechanism.

i use a Thermaltake(plz no flames on thermaltake it works .....) heatpipe 101 that i transfered over from my xp2500+ now on my 3000venice @2.6mghz 1.5volts and my idles are 32ish and i top out at about 40 with a UFO fan running at 2500rpm its fairly quiet.

i was thinking about going with the xp90 or 120 when i upgraded but i cant see them really cooling too much better than what i already have, least not for the extra cash id have to spend just saving for watercooling :p

but if i had the stock cooler id def get something aftermarket thats better :p zalman, thermalright, or even what ihave now as it seems to work really well

I have the Zalman 7700. It is nice and I like the fact it blows air all around it. The stock HSF on the 939 is not noisy at all and is actually effecient for stock.

Lots of ppl like the xp's though.

Back