• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

AMD 64 3200 @ 2.3GHz

kirk

Gawd
Joined
Jul 11, 2001
Messages
674
I ran Toast for 5 hours and it seems to be stable, in 3DMark 2001 I got 19890. In SiSoft Sandra I get 3316 int and 3328 float. I think my ATI 9700 N/P is limiting my 3dmarks

By the way in sandra has anyone noticed that with sse 2 on that the processor scores are lower than with it just running sse
 
With sse2 on my integer is 16701 this is the only one that is really affected by not using sse2, with just sse on I get 20737. And my float is 22028 with and with out sse 2
 
thats pretty sweet man. what are you gonna do with your pc other than benchmark it? Did you d/l that 64bit os from microsquash yet?
 
Originally posted by 7718
thats pretty sweet man. what are you gonna do with your pc other than benchmark it? Did you d/l that 64bit os from microsquash yet?

No I have not yet how big is it, I only have a dial up modem so if it is huge its going to take for ever for me to get
 
what intel did you go from? I'm thinking of switching to high end 939 pin when it comes out.
 
Originally posted by pakotlar
what intel did you go from? I'm thinking of switching to high end 939 pin when it comes out.

I had the 1.2GHz PIII Tualatin



UPDATE i RAN PRIME95 for 8 hours @ 2.4GHz
 
Originally posted by kirk
I had the 1.2GHz PIII Tualatin



UPDATE i RAN PRIME95 for 8 hours @ 2.4GHz

Very nice, you got yourself a sexy 3200+.

/IoWnZa
 
I guess I got A good processor I was surprised how much it went past stock. And also I guess I made a good choice on memory to
 
Originally posted by kirk
I guess I got A good processor I was surprised how much it went past stock. And also I guess I made a good choice on memory to

What is it, TwinMOS?

BTW: You're Signature is too long, it need's to be within 10 lines including spaces, I sent you a PM earlier, but you must not have gotten it :)

/IoWnZa
 
Well I found a problem with my overclock, I can run 2.4GHz and my processor is rock stable but my AGP is to far out of speck so my video card is unstable even at stock speeds. So if I could lock my AGP then I think I could run @ 2.4GHz just fine, so for now I will just have to run 2.35GHz :mad:
 
Originally posted by kirk
Well I found a problem with my overclock, I can run 2.4GHz and my processor is rock stable but my AGP is to far out of speck so my video card is unstable even at stock speeds. So if I could lock my AGP then I think I could run @ 2.4GHz just fine, so for now I will just have to run 2.35GHz :mad:

That is the problem with 64 bit, is that the AGP Bus is going to do that, no matter what board you go with. I am going to go with the Albatron and it has the same problem.

/IoWnZa
 
the nforce will lock agp, but you lose a hair in performance vs via
the shuttle AN50R is a good choice in boards
Have one running 250fsb stable
 
Back
Top