AMD 3800+ X2 939 Toledo - good stepping?

rontruong

Limp Gawd
AMD 3800+ X2 939 Toledo - good stepping?

Do the current 3800+ x2 939 toledo cores from newegg have good steppings? Anyone have any feedback on their recent purchase?

If so, it'd be nice... I'm planning to make my last upgrade on my 939 board.

thanks!

i've got mine coming tomorrow, so if I remember, i'll let you know in a few days when I start bumping up the ghz. :D Honestly I didn't see any of the overclocks in the newegg reviews that i wouldn't be happy with so it's probably a safe bet, but if you care to wait i'll try and get back to you.

hey,
I just got mine in the mail today

stepping is LCB9E 0634GPMW

i searched online and its an opteron stepping.. so i'm hella confused... oh well i'll overclock it soon once i get my as5 in the mail!... 2 days? so i'll let you guys know

mine was a LCBKE 0634SPMW
did a quick search and found someone that hit 2.8 ghz. can't wait to see what mine does. just put it in tonight and getting everything running in tip top shape first.

Mine just arrived today,

LCB9E 0632DPMW

I will be able to test it on Saturday.

I have the LCBKE stepping also, I was able to get it stable at 3,050 so far, I have not gotten around to major testing on this chip yet. though.

I just got one last week, I can't find the paper I wrote the stepping on but I do remember that it was a week 33 06.

1.488 volts gets me 2.7 with no tweaking or much time to speak of into the oc....
Orthos stable for over 9 hrs (that is when I stopped it), and it hasn't crashed in SupCom yet after untold hours of continuous play (all I really care about).

This is on a DFI Lanparty sli-dr, 2 x1 gig of OCZ platnium @ 2.5-3-3-7 on a 166mhz divider.
There is more in her but she doesn't feel like a 3 gigger....
BTW what is the general opinions on how high I can "safely" go with the voltage on this chip?
I am on air with a Thermalright Si-120

Mine is showing a voltage in CPUID of 1.45.

This system is water cooled with 2-240 rads with 6800gt SLI on it.

I do plan on putting up a newegg review once I get to the max stable speed I can find(and testing it). Initially the system got alittle past 3.105 ghz, but it would kick out of the test pretty quickly.

So far I have run prime 95 for an hour with no problems @3.050, but didn't want to leave it running while I was at work(due to bad experience with a 9500pro that burnt up in college).

Oh, and as far as stepping goes, I got one of the OEM chips from newegg 3 weeks ago.

[H]arrod;1030971386 said:
I have the LCBKE stepping also, I was able to get it stable at 3,050 so far, I have not gotten around to major testing on this chip yet. though.

:D:D:D Haven't oc'ed mine, but from the few posts I've seen, I'm in for a real treat.

Starting to slowing ramp it up. Running at 2.4 at stock volts so far. There is a 13C difference between the two cores at idle, but down to 6-9C at full load.

same i have a 15 degree difference on load and a 10 degree on idle....

idle is 35 and load is 55

is that weird? core 0 idles at 23-25.. about room temp?

while ocing, my core 0 on core temp is way lower but core 0 fails first... whats happening ? =[

same i have a 15 degree difference on load and a 10 degree on idle....

idle is 35 and load is 55

is that weird? core 0 idles at 23-25.. about room temp?

Coretemp is saying my core 1 is 57C right now but my hsf sure doesn't feel like it. It feels barely luke warm atm. I might try to reseat the hsf later if orthos decides to crash

At the moment, it seems like [email protected] is the best this cpu can do. 2.9 @1.425/1.45 volts fails orthos pretty quickly. Gonna try some other settings in the bios, but doesn't look like it will go much further. :(

hmm, it kind of looks like my motherboard doesn't like anything above 280fsb.

okay, i did a few tweaks and now im at 2.7 ghz... any higher my cpu gets to hot and it'll error... but i cant do anything to solve that due to my shuttle....

but it works great! 2.7 ghz w/ 270mhz 3 3 3 8 ram so i'm happy

Just recieved mine today and running on an asus a8n-e allstock volts running 1 to 1 with 2 gigs of gskillram @ 2.5,3,3,7T and 1T at htt x4 2550mhz..Im happy with that as it multitasks like a bandit....Runs the same speeds asmy 3200 venice with same volts and speeds...It will keep me happy till am3 and ddr3..I just really like the way the 939 system runs.Im on xp pro right now and have vista rc1 and what a resource hog, reminds me of millinum that garbage os.
So far so good with the and driver and affinity patch but time will tell.
Im sorry to see 939 go away as it was probubly my favorite setup. Ive had virtually no problems at all and at leasst from my experience this asus a8n-e has been one teriffic board for me being a moderate o.clocker.
now what do i do with my 3200 venice and 1 gig of really nice corair xms 3200c2 ram that o/clocks to 2600 1 to 1 with my venice and all on stock volts.What a beautiful set of parts it is...oh well............................

Just recieved mine today and running on an asus a8n-e allstock volts running 1 to 1 with 2 gigs of gskillram @ 2.5,3,3,7T and 1T at htt x4 2550mhz..Im happy with that as it multitasks like a bandit....Runs the same speeds asmy 3200 venice with same volts and speeds...It will keep me happy till am3 and ddr3..I just really like the way the 939 system runs.Im on xp pro right now and have vista rc1 and what a resource hog, reminds me of millinum that garbage os.
So far so good with the and driver and affinity patch but time will tell.
Im sorry to see 939 go away as it was probubly my favorite setup. Ive had virtually no problems at all and at leasst from my experience this asus a8n-e has been one teriffic board for me being a moderate o.clocker.
now what do i do with my 3200 venice and 1 gig of really nice corair xms 3200c2 ram that o/clocks to 2600 1 to 1 with my venice and all on stock volts.What a beautiful set of parts it is...oh well............................

my x2 3800 is cool and quiet @ 2.7ghz 1.47v

but i am water cooled... i havent tried to push hard it yet

Back