AMD 2700+ ***Need HELP!!!****

Andriy

n00b
Joined
Apr 24, 2005
Messages
50
Ok, so I have an AMD 2700+ in my pc.

This is the model

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103341

Anyway, we had an Anthlon 1800+ before it, and my dad bought this one and just put the heatsink/fan from the 1800+ onto the 2700+.

The problem is, for the last 4 months everytime I play any game for 30 minutes, I get a blue screen (actually the pc just reboots by itself, then gives me the error message. I have this set instead of the blue screen).

So today I decide to check the temperature of my Athlon 2700+... and it was 55C...

Anyway, could the temperature be the problem of all the reboots? Is 55C waay too much? If I were to buy a new Socket A Heatsink/Fan would it solve my problems?
 
Is that temp your idle temp? Your full load temp should be around 55c with a stock cooler. Thats what my 3200 barton runs at full load. If thats your idle temp than Id say its overheating when you put a load on it.

Did you change the thermal paste when you reinstalled the cooler?


 
When is "full load", is that just when I turn on my pc after it was off for a while, or is that after it's at maximum power like playing a demanding game.


Is Idle after I turn in off after its been turned off, or just inactive for a while?
 
Idle = sitting in windows after about an hour.

Load = running an instance of Prime95 w/ one core, or two instances for a dual core.
 
My 2700xp runs hot also but I dont get any BSOD... or random reboots.. :confused:
 
if your running the stock HSF from the 1800+ id say yea you need a better HSF
 
Elios said:
if your running the stick HSF from the 1800+ id say yea you need a better HSF

Most definitely- you need a new heatsink. 55C at idle is pushing it.
 
Back
Top