• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

AMD 17.40 question

The Cobra

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Jun 19, 2003
Messages
4,119
Hey everyone,

Anyone having any issues installing the 17.40 driver update that was released a few days back? I ran as an admin on my machine and the "amdsetup.exe" and just sits there in task manager. Doesn't even make it to the setup screen.

Any suggestions?
 
I had the same issue you had, the fix is to do a fresh reboot then delete the AMD folder on your C drive. Launch the new 17.40 chipset drivers it will recreate the AMD folder and dump the new files there then start the install.

The AMD folder is just a place where the files get unpacked I guess if you have the folder there with 17.30 files in it the installer gets confused or has a mismatched file.
 
Back
Top