• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

AMD 12.2 WHQL driver woe's...

Le Creuset

n00b
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
29
:mad: I just found out something really really strange, the AMD 12.2 WHQL drivers preform very, very bad for me, coming from the 12.2 pre certifieds (I have A HD7970 CF/Eyefinity setup)

I had zero problems with the pre certified ones, battlefield 3 ran great, everything ultra. but with the WHQL it's barely playable, major FPS drop allround.

Also the same for Shogun 2, it feels like the GPU's aren't even trying...

Just to be sure, I uninstalled the new drivers, used driver sweeper and reinstalled, same thing. I just revered back to the 12.2 pre certified drivers and everything is back to normal

WTF AMD? :confused:
 
I had to go back to 11.12's to get portal to even launch on my 6970. I think I may have to go back to team green when they hit the $300 price point, wife needs an upgrade so she can have mine.
 
I had to go back to 11.12's to get portal to even launch on my 6970. I think I may have to go back to team green when they hit the $300 price point, wife needs an upgrade so she can have mine.

I came from team green after 2 of my GTX260's and one GTX285's broke... if AMD just could get the driver support thingy fixed....
 
Rule #1 for driver upgrades. If yours is working fine, don't mess with it.
 
I also went back to 11.12's. The 12.2's would always mess up my display profiles and it seemed to be related to HydraVision -> Desktop Manager. I disabled desktop manager, but it would magically re-enable itself and f things up again.
 
Rule #1 for driver upgrades. If yours is working fine, don't mess with it.

I would have to disagree, I always upgrade to new WHQL drivers, most of the time they have improvements over previous drivers. Such as minor performance improvements in latest games.
 
i never had a problem with any ati drivers till 12.2... had to temporary uninstall and go back to 12.1
 
I hope you folks who believe in "upgrading" drivers just because there is a newer version know how to make a restore point. Newer does not always mean better.
 
I hope you folks who believe in "upgrading" drivers just because there is a newer version know how to make a restore point. Newer does not always mean better.

To be fair, new driver often comes with a release note that states certain performance increase in recent games, so who could resist. :p

I agree that new driver may break something else that's working fine. But most people would want to try it out so as not to miss out on the performance increase should it works fine for them.
 
Ill be testing out these new drivers on tuesday when I get my RMAed card back. Hopefully all will go well if not Ill just use the 8.6xxx candidates available at guru.
 


Yeah, right....as if Nvidia has never had driver problems in the past. Oh wait, they have....

Truth of the matter is, if one isn't a Fanboi idiot, one must admit both camps have had their driver problems, like drivers reshaping cooling fan speed curves so badly the cards overheat.

But only fanboys with blinders on won't admit the problems of both companies......guess one has to ignore the problems of the company their entire identity hinges upon.
 
Yeah, right....as if Nvidia has never had driver problems in the past. Oh wait, they have....

Truth of the matter is, if one isn't a Fanboi idiot, one must admit both camps have had their driver problems, like drivers reshaping cooling fan speed curves so badly the cards overheat.

But only fanboys with blinders on won't admit the problems of both companies......guess one has to ignore the problems of the company their entire identity hinges upon.

Indeed past and present.

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=224948&st=240
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showforum=207
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showforum=213
 
Back
Top