AMD 11.10 preview driver (Battlefield 3 beta driver)

Tamlin_WSGF

2[H]4U
Get it while its hot:

AMD Catalyst 11.10 Preview driver:

Improves performance in Battlefield 3 Open Beta release for both non-Anti-Aliasing, and application enabled Anti-Aliasing cases on the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series for single GPU configurations

Improves performance in Battlefield 3 Open Beta release for both non-Anti-Aliasing, and application enabled Anti-Aliasing cases on CrossFire configurations using the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series

Enables support for Eyefinity 5x1 display (portrait and landscape) configurations using the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series

Vision Engine Control Center: User Interface enhancements have been implemented for the CrossfireX, GPU Overdrive, and Information Center pages.

http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDCatalyst1110Previewdriver.aspx

Update:

File on the link seems to be corrupt.

Working link at Rage3D.
Build Info:
DriverVer=09/23/2011, 8.901.0.0000
8.901-110923a-125918E

New link. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3WWCL7UO

The one provided above isn't working due to the account being disabled temporarily(at time of posting).

Edit:
There is a new driver with both Rage and Battlefield 3 fixes out:
AMD Catalyst™ 11.10 Preview Driver Features:

Improves performance in Battlefield 3 Open Beta release for both non-Anti-Aliasing and application enabled Anti-Aliasing cases on single GPU configurations using the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon HD 5000 series of products.
Improves performance in Battlefield 3 Open Beta release for both non-Anti-Aliasing and application enabled Anti-Aliasing cases on AMD CrossFire™ configurations using the AMD Radeon HD 6000 and AMD Radeon HD 5000 series of products.
Improves performance in Rage on single GPU configurations using the AMD Radeon HD 6000, AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series and AMD Radeon HD 4000 series of products.
Reduces intermittent crashing seen loading levels in Rage
Resolves flickering of NPCs in Rage
Enables automatic Vsync for Rage
Enables support for AMD Eyefinity 5x1 display (portrait and landscape) configurations using the AMD Radeon HD 6000 and AMD Radeon HD 5000 series of products.
AMD Vision Engine Control Center: User Interface enhancements have been implemented for the AMD CrossfireX™, GPU AMD Overdrive™ and Information Center pages.

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/GPU122AMDCat1110PreDriverV2.aspx

Last edited:
wow this is a surprise, figured they'd drop the ball as usual.

Getting this when I run the installer. Buddy of mine is getting the same thing.

d1bYr.jpg

No, my download is not corrupt. I've downloaded it a few times with different browsers.

Wonder if it works with swtor.

I'd joking say maybe in 2 months. SW:ToR has a much later release date so I don't think ATI is caring too much about unreleased titles that's a way off. (December 20th) versus one coming in a month (BF3).

can someone clarify this for me.
Enables support for Eyefinity 5x1 display (portrait and landscape)
configurations using the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 5000
Series
Wasn't 5x1 already supported? Does this mean I can do PLP eyefinity now?

I'd joking say maybe in 2 months. SW:ToR has a much later release date so I don't think ATI is caring too much about unreleased titles that's a way off. (December 20th) versus one coming in a month (BF3).

It was more of a facetious statement. Since 11.8 they've been shitty.

I wish it would specify about how much more performance you can get with these drivers. Nvidia lists up to 38%+ in their beta driver that launched today. Still good that AMD is working on this game too. I hope they fight hard to run this game as good as possible.

Curious about the enhancements added to CCC under GPU overdrive. Can somebody tell me what's added there?

I wish it would specify about how much more performance you can get with these drivers. Nvidia lists up to 38%+ in their beta driver that launched today. Still good that AMD is working on this game too. I hope they fight hard to run this game as good as possible.

Curious about the enhancements added to CCC under GPU overdrive. Can somebody tell me what's added there?

Doesn't matter. Its beta. I hope everything is good for both Nvidia and AMD when its released. :)

Judging from what's being said about the Alpha (provided its true, since its under developement its hard to get confirmed), Nvidia needed a boost:

It seems that Nvidia cards do not seem to perform as well as AMD on the Battlefield 3 Alpha. No specific details can be given as it's under strict laws of privacy whilst under developement. On average, 6970 in CF is twice as fast as the GTX 570 in SLI. AMD have also released caps around 2-3 weeks ago to further increase performance. When the game is released, this thread will also discuss issues found in BF3 if there are any.
http://www.overclock.net/nvidia/788307-fermi-issues-low-gpu-usage-bad.html

According to the benchmarks, it seems its true if you see 6990 vs. 590, but both have bad scaling. Depends though if they were benched on the same CPU also, so its nothing to take for granted:
img.php

http://gamegpu.ru/Action-/-FPS-/-TPS/Battlefield-3-Alpha-test-GPU.html

There was no Crossfire or SLI support back then, so I'm not surprised at the poor results. I would ignore the 6990/590 results from that graph.

There was no Crossfire or SLI support back then, so I'm not surprised at the poor results. I would ignore the 6990/590 results from that graph.

The graph is to check the truth in the quote above from overclock.net, so you need to see it in context with that:

On average, 6970 in CF is twice as fast as the GTX 570 in SLI.

All of this is from a closed Alpha. They might have access to caps and drivers not released, since he talks about a cap update with perfomance increase a couple of weeks ago. There were no official Cap for the Alpha.

that alpha review is retarded, SLi didn't even work in the alpha lmao

And cards run on 5 different CPUs are obviously directly comparable. :rolleyes:

People need to stop posting that garbage graph.

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1037800586&postcount=21

That graph is from an alpha version of the game to see if comments regarding the alpha stage from the OCN thread had some truth in it. Nobody should be butthurt over the graph, because it means nothing towards the beta version other then some sort of measuring compared to alpha. It was a sidenote comment to Lord_Exodia and a bit OT. If someone want to comment it, at least read the post and maintain the context. I would think the new drivers should be more interesting though. :)

(To avoid misunderstandings: the picture was meant in a positive humoristic way, not as a flame)

Last edited:
Yeah, the file they uploaded is courrupt. Only 24mb, should be at least 80. :eek:

Yeah, the file they uploaded is courrupt. Only 24mb, should be at least 80. :eek:

I think so too. Lets hope its out before the beta. According to steam, I should get beta access:

Battlefield 3 Beta Access
Customers who purchased Medal of Honor on Steam on or before July 26th, 2011 will receive early access to the Battlefield 3 beta when the beta goes live. We will have details soon regarding how Steam customers will access the beta.

I want to test the game on both my AMD (5870) and my Nvidia (570) setup. :)

Doesn't matter. Its beta. I hope everything is good for both Nvidia and AMD when its released. :)

Judging from what's being said about the Alpha (provided its true, since its under developement its hard to get confirmed), Nvidia needed a boost:

lol the game is being developed on nvidia cards.. they don't need a boost, they just need to release the driver optimizations DICE is using with the game. we're just lucky that DICE actually sent pre-releases to AMD so they can optimize their drivers for the beta.. lets just hope they give the retail version to AMD 2-3 weeks ahead of time so they can get those caps out on release day.

AMD finally has the updated driver on their site.
http://www.amd.com/bf3driver

I cant seem to get CCC to work. But GPUZ now reports the video card correctly and gives the correct driver version. I ran the installer for 10.8 on top of this and it said that CCC was installed but that the drivers where not. At that point I quit the installer. Not sure if this is common behavior for a hotfix to not report the driver as being installed or maybe this is just my issue.

Last edited:
I installed 11.10 preview just fine from that link earlier this morning and GPUZ shows everything correctly. Been playing BF3 and its been great.

AMD finally has the updated driver on their site.
http://www.amd.com/bf3driver

I cant seem to get CCC to work. But GPUZ now reports the video card correctly and gives the correct driver version. I ran the installer for 10.8 on top of this and it said that CCC was installed but that the drivers where not. At that point I quit the installer. Not sure if this is common behavior for a hotfix to not report the driver as being installed or maybe this is just my issue.

That link doesnt seem to work..

Back