Amazon Warns of New Kindle App for iOS

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
If you are about to download the newest update to the Kindle App, get your hand off that button! Amazon is warning users of a known issue with this update that will effectively wipe out all of your stored books and log you out. The new App was obviously created by The Nook's software team. :D

“There is a known issue with this update,” Amazon writes in the app’s current What’s New notes in the App Store. “If you are an existing Kindle for iOS user, we recommend you do not install this update at this time.”

Instead of this warning which 99% of iDevice users will never see, why don't they just, you know, pull the update out of the App Store?

Instead of this warning which 99% of iDevice users will never see, why don't they just, you know, pull the update out of the App Store?

As the linked article states, there is no easy way for app developers to roll back to a previous version of the app.

As the linked article states, there is no easy way for app developers to roll back to a previous version of the app.

I'm not asking them to roll back existing updated users. I'm saying they should get the bad app off the App Store before new users or users that haven't updated yet touches it.

If I was working for Amazon tech support I would rather show a thousand users how to uninstall an app and reinstall the revised update than to wait for 11 million other users fuck up their eBook collections.

I hit update before reading the text, because why wouldn't I update an app I commonly use? How about a button to 'cancel' updates before they're finalized?

The update did log me out, but didn't wipe my books, so that's good.

How did something like this get past their QA/QC? It's baffling. Do they not have QA/QC?

Back