Amazon Warehouse opinions

The seller on the items ends up being "Warehouse Deals" on the invoice and not Amazon.

Friend bought a TV that was repackaged and worked fine out of the box. The TV died months later and the manufacturer wouldn't cover it because "Warehouse Deals" was not an approved reseller. $700 down the drain.

Aside from that I bought a SSD that showed up and looked like it was used as a skateboard. Also the top of the drive was covered with a sticker. Sent that back for a refund.
Warehouse Deals is Amazon's way of getting rid of stuff they can't sell as new anymore, so you can't get a warranty out of them either way. It makes sense for items that you can reasonably assess the condition of, but for big ticket items it's a gamble to save only 10-15%.

I just purchased some Sennheiser HD700's from the Amazon Warehouse and they were indeed previously opened, but the serial number and build date meant they were owned maybe, a week? I just gave them a good clean and called it a day.

Exact same buying experience as normal Amazon. If you need the invoice to say something other than warehouse deals then simply open it with an HTML editor and change it as such.

Exact same buying experience as normal Amazon. If you need the invoice to say something other than warehouse deals then simply open it with an HTML editor and change it as such.

Except that's fraudulent...

Except that's fraudulent...

Presenting an invoice from Amazon.com for a purchase from Amazon.com that says Amazon.com is fraudulent? Have fun with that. You aren't lying about anything.

Changing a price or something in order to inflate a refund or similar? Yes, that's fraudulent.

I bought a supposed like new phone from them last year. they sent me an international model, with a UK plug, and there was a crack on the side by the vol buttons. Return was very easy however.

I just bought the Gigabyte Gtx 1070 gaming g1 with "slightly damaged packaging".
I'll let you know how it goes. It'll arrive next Wednesday.

I just bought the Gigabyte Gtx 1070 gaming g1 with "slightly damaged packaging".
I'll let you know how it goes. It'll arrive next Wednesday.

how much did you pay for it?...I just bought that same card through the regular Amazon site

The only time I've had issues with something from amazon warehouse deals was when I purchased a Wiha 75965 micro bit/driver set. At the time it was the only easy way to obtain their pentalobe bits, and the "like new" set I received from warehouse deals had all the pentalobe bits replaced with standard torx bits. I explained this to a CS rep and returned the set. Amazon refunded my money as soon as the tracking label was scanned at the ups store, so it didn't bother me much, and it wouldn't stop me from purchasing something else "open box" in the future.

It arrived! Looks like it's never been used. Only thing I see is the serial number sticker is up on one side.
20170328_093629_HDR.jpg
20170328_093604_HDR.jpg
20170328_093527_HDR.jpg

I just ran heaven on my old card and then this card for comparison. Holy crap!

I came from a GTX 570...
Here are the comparisons:
570.png 1070_1.png 1070_2.png

Thinking of buying an EVGA mobo thats "Used - Like New" and 25% off - I've always owned EVGA GPUs so I assume the mobo warranty works the same way?

Back