Amazon: Sennheiser HD650 headphones $287.00

Great price but these need an amp to shine. Been looking for a good deal on the HD598's. Been hovering around $150 lately...

Slightly better than $290 at Newegg but comes second when taking tax and eggpoints into consideration.

Great price but these need an amp to shine. Been looking for a good deal on the HD598's. Been hovering around $150 lately...

I had the 598s before I had the 650s, great headphones but the extra 130 here is incredibly worth it.

So tempting though I really like my HD600s. Anyone here own both that can explain the difference between the two, I've heard the HD650s are more "colored" than the HD600s.

Cheapest I've ever seen them, confirmed by camel.
In for one, thanks!

For those who live in an amazon taxed state, just PM to BHphoto or Adorama, granted if you don't live in NY and NJ.

These used to be good as it got, no wonder they keep selling like hotcakes after decades on the market.....The differences in the headphones are minute, and only if you have good gear and decent quality source to tell the difference (although presumably you're at least somewhat of an audiophile if you're on the market for these cans!) .....To me it's like buying a Lamborghini with paddle shifters vs. a 6-speed, take your pick.

Cheapest I've ever seen them, confirmed by camel.
In for one, thanks!

Newegg price was actually cheaper when you factor in your got about $30 in egg points plus I bet on average most would have not got taxed from Newegg.

what in the actual fuck

From Article
COST:

DIAMOND DAC: $21995 (starting price pre-upgrades)
FEMTOSECOND GALAXY CLOCK: $9950
DIAMOND POWER BASE $4495
UNIVERSAL MEDIA TRANSPORT: $3995
PRO I2S Input: $995

TOTAL: $41430

I thought headphone gear was less expensive! Holy shit, that's nuts! $22k for a DAC?!!?

What do you guys think about this killer deal? Speaker cables and interconnects bundled for the big discount!

Incidentally, I actually own product by this company. Needless to say, it isn't from this line and was purchased 10-12 years back. They never were cheap, but this is insane.

And if anyone is on the fence about the HD650s, just buy them now and worry about amplification later. Even a $90 Fiio amp will suffice to get better sound from these than what you'd get from most any other setup. The danger is, though, that with upgrades your sound will only get better.

So tempting though I really like my HD600s. Anyone here own both that can explain the difference between the two, I've heard the HD650s are more "colored" than the HD600s.

Keep your HD-600's. Most who have both agree that the HD-600's are the more accurate headphones. HD-650's aren't inaccurate per se, but Tyll Hertsens of Headroom (a person whose opinions I respect) has stated that the 650's have more of Sennheiser's "veil" than the HD-600's.

What do you guys think about this killer deal? Speaker cables and interconnects bundled for the big discount!

Incidentally, I actually own product by this company. Needless to say, it isn't from this line and was purchased 10-12 years back. They never were cheap, but this is insane.

And if anyone is on the fence about the HD650s, just buy them now and worry about amplification later. Even a $90 Fiio amp will suffice to get better sound from these than what you'd get from most any other setup. The danger is, though, that with upgrades your sound will only get better.

Agree with everything you posted. My co-worker has a Fiio amp (don't remember what model) that he said was pretty inexpensive, and it sounds damn good with my 650's.

One of these would be a great budget amp for the 650s at only $119 (I've read tube amps do better with the 650)

http://schiit.com/products/vali

or even the new Magni 2 for $99

I personally use mine paired with a Schiit Valhalla (original not the 2.) These things sound AWESOME!!!

One of these would be a great budget amp for the 650s at only $119 (I've read tube amps do better with the 650) ...I personally use mine paired with a Schiit Valhalla (original not the 2.) These things sound AWESOME!!!

Don't sweat the ss/tube distinction, just get whatever sounds good in your budget. My main rig uses an HD650 paired with a Asgard v.1 (with a Music Streamer II from the source), and it's every bit as satisfying as more expensive rigs I've listened to. At a certain point, and it's not after spending much, improvements in amplification get very expensive for what you get in return.

Got my HD650s a few days ago. :) Nice bump over my HD595s. Sound very nice coming out of my ZxR. Signed up for Tidal again as well as some 24 bit vinyl rips.

Back