Amazon Sells Comcast Internet Services

Since Amazon doesn't sell consumer internet services that compete with Comcast I don't see a downside for them. Money is money. Probably the bigger question is what's in it for the much larger Comcast.

It's very simple. Amazon gets a commission for each service package sold. They are also pushing "buying modems" which they make money on selling the equipment.

The Xfinity Internet packages gets a whopping 1.5 stars, after 49 reviews.

This is the downside for Comcast of selling on the internet. Personally I haven't had problems with Comcast. I pay $100/mo for the internet/cable package I signed up for (after the discounts) which isn't that unreasonable. Also, there are currently only two options in the city I currently live in (Comcast or CenturyLink) so they are competitive for where I am at. Since most locations are similar to mine where there is one cable provider and all of the other internet options are all DSL I am not sure what all the hate on Amazon is about (other than people jumping on a popular scapegoat). Comcast is hardly perfect but there are few markets where they compete against someone who is substantially better so if they are the only game in town they are at least as decent a choice as DSL and DISH/Direct TV.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
At least through this interface you can see the pricing after the promotional period. The Comcast site makes it more difficult to find that information.

At least through this interface you can see the pricing after the promotional period. The Comcast site makes it more difficult to find that information.

That is the major bonus for me. It is amazing how angry I get just navigating Comcast's website. Amazon solves it it a single page. I am actually paying more then I could per month but because I use a HD Homerun Prime, getting a "cheaper" package with X1 will force me to rent boxes etc and will end up costing more. I consider my higher rate a "not having to deal with Comcast customer service" tax.

Looks like Amazon has gone down another notch with me. Consorting with Comcrust who has such a poor reputation is bad business.

No options for existing customers. The new customer promotions are actually decent. It is very hard to find the Internet+TV double play package these days. They always want to shove that utterly useless phone service in there. I have never seen a company so aggressively try to sell something the clearly nobody wants.

I wish people would stick to calling them and their services Comcast. Don't let them get by trying to rebrand as xfinity. They're trying to shed their terrible stigma by a simple name change. Xfinity is Comcast with the same terrible service, but a new name.

No options for existing customers. The new customer promotions are actually decent. It is very hard to find the Internet+TV double play package these days. They always want to shove that utterly useless phone service in there. I have never seen a company so aggressively try to sell something the clearly nobody wants.

Call them, say that your bill is getting really expensive and you don't think you're going to be able to continue service with them. They'll transfer you to retention (keep you as a customer) who will offer you a price discount. Usually you can get the new customer deals or better. I do this once a year when my 12 month promo expires. I will continue to do this until Google fiber rolls out in my city. We're one of their, "Potential Future Cities" and it is pretty much guaranteed they'll roll out here, we're a major distribution hub.

i get it.

Call them, say that your bill is getting really expensive and you don't think you're going to be able to continue service with them. They'll transfer you to retention (keep you as a customer) who will offer you a price discount. Usually you can get the new customer deals or better. I do this once a year when my 12 month promo expires. I will continue to do this until Google fiber rolls out in my city. We're one of their, "Potential Future Cities" and it is pretty much guaranteed they'll roll out here, we're a major distribution hub.

I do that too, but it eats up a good 2 hours, and lately they've been getting increasingly resistant. They know i have no other options. It's annoying as fuck.

i get it.

63p0KXD.gif

I do that too, but it eats up a good 2 hours, and lately they've been getting increasingly resistant. They know i have no other options. It's annoying as fuck.

63p0KXD.gif

Bullshit, I don't know what's going on.
(╯°o°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Back