Amazon PRIME DAY is Upon Us

Everyone (not us) are like it's PRIIIME DAY!! Lets buy some good stuff (junk)!!
I ordered like 10 things that aren’t junk.

There’s quite a few things I needed and was able to get at a few dollars cheaper.

I suppose my problem is, I know what I want. If those specific items are on sale, great. If not, I don't care about your sales.

Plus, I still hate navigating Amazon to find the specific things that interest me.

I don't think I'm going to buy anything. It's all been total crap - although Millie the Error Message dog is kind of cute.

I ordered like 10 things that aren’t junk.

There’s quite a few things I needed and was able to get at a few dollars cheaper.

Not as cheap as the day after when Amazon realizes they have a shit ton of stuff that didnt sell ;)

Scroll down. lol

Got me a breadmaker for $48. Not a great deal, but I'd been wanting one for a while so I figured I might as well. There are (or were) some Freesync monitors on sale, but they were all on the low end, too small, or way above my budget.

Haven't found a single good deal on anything I want. What a shitty sale.

Haven't found a single good deal on anything I want. What a shitty sale.

yeah and some of the stuff that was interesting just had their "normal" price increased so the sale price was exactly what they were selling for a week ago.

I suppose my problem is, I know what I want. If those specific items are on sale, great. If not, I don't care about your sales.

Plus, I still hate navigating Amazon to find the specific things that interest me.

100% agree, navigating amazon makes me feel like it's 1999 again.. everyone on their web development team must not actually use the site..

Too bad Amazon is in bed with dewalt, I was hoping to see the new Milwaukee 12amp batteries show up or see the 9amp batteries get reduced.

Too bad Amazon is in bed with dewalt, I was hoping to see the new Milwaukee 12amp batteries show up or see the 9amp batteries get reduced.

other way around, Milwaukee has a deal with home depot which is why they're not at lowe's or amazon.

If you're buyin' the Star Trek series on BluRay/DVD, now's a good time for it. I added it to my wish list a couple months back, but couldn't justify the $550 it would cost to get the movies, Voyager, TNG, Enterprise, and DS9. Just pulled the trigger and paid $300-something. Pretty decent discount, and according to camelcamelcamel, it's the best price Amazon's ever had on them.

The wife has wanted a bigger Fire tablet, I guess now's the time. $100 for the HD10 isn't great, but not bad either really for what you get.

As a purely consumption device, the 10" tablet is pretty fantastic in my opinion! The predictive text pisses me off when I type out emails and whatnot and I tried to hate the device because of that (and because of Amazon... I work for Costco), but that's really not what the device is for. When used for Netflix, Hulu, Audible, magazines, browsing the internet, etc it's pretty amazing. You get a large, durable screen with good resolution in an extra wide format that is great for movies and speakers aren't half bad either. The CPU isn't half bad for what it is either (it smokes my fiances first gen iPad Air). I think I paid $80 for mine when they first came out, but I would have no problem paying $120 for a new one if I were to break mine.

I actually regularly recommend them to the little old ladies at Costco who are looking at $300+ iPads and Samsung tablets when all they want to do is get on Facebook, watch Netflix and maybe play some Candy Crush.

Last edited:
Scroll down. lol

Got me a breadmaker for $48. Not a great deal, but I'd been wanting one for a while so I figured I might as well. There are (or were) some Freesync monitors on sale, but they were all on the low end, too small, or way above my budget.

You like the bread a breadmaker makes? I always found the crust to be too thick even on the lowest setting. Used to have a breadman, now I just make it by hand. Really doesnt take that much more effort.

You like the bread a breadmaker makes? I always found the crust to be too thick even on the lowest setting. Used to have a breadman, now I just make it by hand. Really doesnt take that much more effort.
Really only want it for the automatic kneading and rising, plan on baking in a normal pan. Just don't have the motivation after work to do it myself, and don't feel like it on the weekends. Got a block of yeast that's been sitting around for over three months now. :/

yeah and some of the stuff that was interesting just had their "normal" price increased so the sale price was exactly what they were selling for a week ago.

100% agree, navigating amazon makes me feel like it's 1999 again.. everyone on their web development team must not actually use the site..
Feels more like 2010 to me. At least pre-2000 you weren't suggested (read: forced) into a category when you did a search, or given a limited set of categories to pick from whether you searched or browsed manually. I don't mind going through a hundred pages of results if I have to, but if I can't find a product because they won't let me I can't stand it.

Feels more like 2010 to me. At least pre-2000 you weren't suggested (read: forced) into a category when you did a search, or given a limited set of categories to pick from whether you searched or browsed manually. I don't mind going through a hundred pages of results if I have to, but if I can't find a product because they won't let me I can't stand it.

or the "select nvidia, select GTX 1080".... first 30 results are 10 year old used ATi cards... ok ok.. fine lets select amazon only sales... results 0.... god damnit, fine lets just search specifically for nvidia GTX 1080... oh good no ATi cards this time, wait wtf these are all gtx 1060's and gtx 900 series shit...

rage close the tab...

that's pretty much how it goes for me 90% of the time for anything i search for.

I thought Home Depot had the exclusive Ryobi deal, not Milwaukee. . . shows what I know.

they have a crap load of "exclusive" deals, i had zero interest in ryobi so i never paid attention to that stuff but trying to find Milwaukee M18(with batteries) stuff anywhere but home depot was impossible. only found 1 third party seller on amazon that was selling tool only items for the same prices of what you could buy it at home depot with the battery and charger.

Nothing. But generally once you go into one camp/system you're kinda invested with all the batteries and chargers etc so you usually don't own both unless its corded.
This. I am deep in the DeWalt environment now, and I use my tools reasonably hard - much more than typical surburban dweller. In hindsight, I wish I had looked harder at Rigid. The battery policy, man. I was under the impression the tools wouldn't be as stout. Undecided as to that, but I've seen evidence they're pretty good.

I dont know...steam never crashed for me during a steam sale. I also found lots of great games I didnt buy on release day selling for huge discounts...
Lol, it's the other way around for me. Steam is glitchy during sales and Amazon works fine.

This. I am deep in the DeWalt environment now, and I use my tools reasonably hard - much more than typical surburban dweller. In hindsight, I wish I had looked harder at Rigid. The battery policy, man. I was under the impression the tools wouldn't be as stout. Undecided as to that, but I've seen evidence they're pretty good.
Dewalt has a spectrum of tool quality. At one time the divider was 20V vs. 18V. 20V was lower quality (easier to get a discounted bundle) and 18V was the serious professional tools. I think they've gone all 20V. I know they upped the performance specs on XR tools but not sure if they upped the quality.

Grabbed a Corsair RM750x (2018 model) for $109 CAD. But, yeah, haven't really been floored by many deals.

SSD prices are looking good, but I haven't been keeping track of them and have no idea if that's the market itself or Prime Day savings.

I picked up a replacement Essential PH-1 for $250 considering mine decided to self identify as a fighter jet and go flying out of my hand.

Other than that, I snagged another Anker 26800 power bank. After being stuck in the aftermath of hurricane Harvey, those battery packs are worth every penny.

Chrome and using smile. instead of just amazon worked for me, it was much better. That was last night at about 8:30, so not a very odd hour or early morning.

Got 5qt of 5w20 and a filter for my car, since it's due. Filter was normal price, but the oil was $17 after the 20% prime discount at checkout. Add the 5% cash-back with my prime card, and that's a pretty good deal.

Dewalt has a spectrum of tool quality. At one time the divider was 20V vs. 18V. 20V was lower quality (easier to get a discounted bundle) and 18V was the serious professional tools. I think they've gone all 20V. I know they upped the performance specs on XR tools but not sure if they upped the quality.
Dewalt has been pulling some serious shenanigans with their batteries and which device supports/use them. Milwaukee was the first to have a general battery system so I went with them. On top of it with their new super batteries if your Fuel device doesn’t fit them they will modify it for free.

I own a few corded dewalt items, while I’m happy with them I’m a bit peeved at some short cuts they took as well.

Back