amazon prices too much?

AndreRio

[H]ard|Gawd
hey why are the prices for 1080s like $1000+ on amazon.com are they crazy or something?

There are some people who will gladly pay a 1000 $ for one of those cards and think they got a good deal.

thanks! when will prices come down?
Depends on supply and demand. We don't know exactly how long it'll take to get supply up but 3-6 months is "normal" if previous supply shortages are anything to go by.

Demand will probably be high until Vega and Full Pascal are released very late this year or early next. I think having a new high end card from either company will make some of the demand for the 1080 vanish and take some price pressure off it. They'll both probably be really expensive parts though. I'm expecting Vega to be $600-900 and Full Pascal to be $1000-1400.

Well, I was joking, but there are some delusional people who think the RX 480 will outdo the 1070.
I suspect even a OC'ed 3rd party RX480 would have a hard time beating a stock clocked 1070. Would love to be wrong about that but AMD's GCN GPU's generally aren't all that great for overclocking.

people took the 2 per customer limit to mean 1 for me and one for scalping at an outrageous markup; and sadly there are people who are so impatient they will buy them...

demand should come down around fall/early winter if Nvidia follows their standard timeline.

By that point there'll at least be a 10 series Titan or Ti model paper release.

like I just posted in another thread. they are charging that because they know they will sell. there is always someone that has to have the biggest e-peen out of everyone they know and will grab one at any price.

Back