Amazon price match refund?

polonyc2

Fully [H]
this has happened to me a few times now...I buy a product through Amazon and a few days after it ships the price drops...sometimes by a decent amount...anyone know if Amazon refunds you the difference in price if bought within a few days or a week?

I've ordered some coffee for $12 and before it arrived it went on sale for $2 for a day and they refunded me $10. It was a case of Nescafe Instant coffee pouches, 12 boxes of 7.
It was an automatic refund. I just happened to check my bank account online and saw the refund from Amazon.

but what about after it arrives?...can you request a price match refund?

They used to offer this service for thirty days after you order. However, this changed in ~2008 and now they no longer offer it. The price you buy something at is the price you will be paying. Really sucks that they did away with this.

You can sometimes contact Amazon and ask them for a price match if the item's price lowers within a couple days, but it's unlikely you'll be receiving the refund.

They used to offer this service for thirty days after you order. However, this changed in ~2008 and now they no longer offer it. The price you buy something at is the price you will be paying. Really sucks that they did away with this.

You can sometimes contact Amazon and ask them for a price match if the item's price lowers within a couple days, but it's unlikely you'll be receiving the refund.

sucks that they no longer offer this...but I think after 2008 is when they started offering pre order price guarantees where you are guaranteed the lowest price...so I guess you lose one thing but get something else

Back