Amazon Mulls Paying People for Deliveries

HardOCP News

[H] News
It sure seems like Amazon would work with cabs or a courier service before allowing just any ol' body to pick up and deliver packages.

Looking to pick up a few dollars while making your way around town? Then Amazon’s latest attempt to quickly and cheaply deliver packages might be right up your alley, that is if the consumer-turned-courier program comes to fruition. Reports that the online retailer is working on a mobile app that would essentially allow any regular ol’ Joe to multitask by delivering packages to customers while out-and-about.

If you were a chainsaw rapist, this would totally be the way to go.

Home invasion in 3...2...1...
You let the UPS guy come into your house? They just drop stuff off for me and go away. *shrugs* Never had signature required on any Amazon products.

And honestly, with something like this it begs the question of how in the hell we can have able-bodied people on welfare in the cities, when they can be picking up trash, delivering crap on bicycles, and so forth that literally any retard that can put one foot in front of the other can accomplish. If they do that 7AM-5PM with two 15 min breaks and an 1 hour lunch, and then spend 6PM-8PM studying or submitting their resume online, and then 8-10PM just chillin, there's really no excuse to even have to do that more than a couple years.

And honestly, with something like this it begs the question of how in the hell we can have able-bodied people on welfare in the cities, when they can be picking up trash, delivering crap on bicycles, and so forth that literally any retard that can put one foot in front of the other can accomplish. If they do that 7AM-5PM with two 15 min breaks and an 1 hour lunch, and then spend 6PM-8PM studying or submitting their resume online, and then 8-10PM just chillin, there's really no excuse to even have to do that more than a couple years.

Maybe because....those jobs are are staffed with as few people as possible (just enough to keep the complaints from roaring in) and the openings are already filled? Is it that hard to imagine?

"that would essentially allow any regular ol’ Joe to steal packages while out-and-about"

I asked my UPS guy once what is the worst part of the job, and he said "the old ladies with the robe half open"

...any retard that can put one foot in front of the other...

Why are you constantly making fun of and beating up on people who have mental deficiencies that they can't help? Like every second or third post, you're calling them out and demeaning people who are unable to defend themselves as if they're the lowest rung on your personally stacked human ladder. I just don't understand the anger. It's not like they can help what they are or do anything about it. Is it a lack of maturity or maybe a lack of empathy or just an inability to express using a more diverse, descriptive vocabulary?

That story confused me. So the people are picking up packages (from where? do they just go to a local Amazon warehouse?) and delivering them to stores that hold the package for the customer to actually pick up themselves? I think I'll stick with UPS/FedEx delivering stuff to my house.

You let the UPS guy come into your house? They just drop stuff off for me and go away. *shrugs* Never had signature required on any Amazon products.

I remember the UPS would knock on my door and walk away to let anyone home know there's a package but they didn't stay to answer the door.

I haven't even had them knock to let me know I have something in a while. And the same with other companies.

I could see this having potential but probably not going very far.

I didn't mean you specifically. :p

Of course you weren't. It's obvious that you were trying to talk down to those you'd like to think are of lesser quality than you rather than up to those who are incomprehensibly better in social class and intellect.

I asked my UPS guy once what is the worst part of the job, and he said "the old ladies with the robe half open"

And on his good day is "the old ladies with the robe full open or no robe at all" :D

I might be willing to deliver these packages, provided it's financially worth my while.

On a semi-related note, has anyone noticed that the Wallstreet Journal's website is the most worthless website in the entire world? I give that publication 5 years before they're out of business.

Of course you weren't. It's obvious that you were trying to talk down to those you'd like to think are of lesser quality than you rather than up to those who are incomprehensibly better in social class and intellect.

No, he's referring to the people who made bad life decisions, continue to make bad decisions, or are just lazy and want other people to support them.

You want to drop out of high school, spend your life getting high or drunk?
Go ahead, just don't expect me (or other taxpayers) to pay for your food and housing.

No, he's referring to the people who made bad life decisions, continue to make bad decisions, or are just lazy and want other people to support them.

You want to drop out of high school, spend your life getting high or drunk?
Go ahead, just don't expect me (or other taxpayers) to pay for your food and housing.

Those would be losers, bums, scumbags, deadbeats, or libertarians which are different from people with mental handicaps.

"that would essentially allow any regular ol’ Joe to steal packages while out-and-about"

^This. I like that Amazon thinks outside the box, but to even entertain this idea I'm not sure. I wouldn't want just anybody delivering to my house with my wife and kids.

^This. I like that Amazon thinks outside the box, but to even entertain this idea I'm not sure. I wouldn't want just anybody delivering to my house with my wife and kids.
What's stopping a criminal from knocking on your door anyway? They don't need Amazon as an excuse to do something to your wife and kids while you're gone.

As opposed to the amazon boxes sitting on people's doorsteps while they're at work :rolleyes:

You chicken littles need to relax.

Those would be losers, bums, scumbags, deadbeats, or libertarians which are different from people with mental handicaps.

At first glance I read the 5th type as "Librarians" and was like "WTF does he have against librarians?" lol

Reading is an important skill, I might have to work on that a bit :)

Librarians do suck actually, its an obsolete skill-set for the most part since all the books ever written since the history of man can be stored digitally on a single hard drive, and managing their access and distribution is better handled by an iM department, not an old dui-decimal librarian telling people to "shhh". There are currently 119,729 libraries in the United States, when there should only be 51, each state having their own mega-libraries for historically significant books that need to be preserved and 1 federal library. That would be more than enough, and all the others should be shut down and the books recycled into toilet paper, and the savings used to lease Kindles from Amazon.

lol people worry about the most ridiculous shit, if you are a criminal be it rapist, murderer or anything else why would you leave a trail by working for a service and committing the crimes during that work. It would make it way to easy to catch you.

Librarians do suck actually, its an obsolete skill-set for the most part since all the books ever written since the history of man can be stored digitally on a single hard drive, and managing their access and distribution is better handled by an iM department, not an old dui-decimal librarian telling people to "shhh". There are currently 119,729 libraries in the United States, when there should only be 51, each state having their own mega-libraries for historically significant books that need to be preserved and 1 federal library. That would be more than enough, and all the others should be shut down and the books recycled into toilet paper, and the savings used to lease Kindles from Amazon.
When every book, archive, and literary data in the world is digitized then we'll talk. Until then that's an incredibly false and shortsighted statement.

How many drunk librarians are out driving on the streets right now? Won't someone please think of the children?!

Back