Amazon MP3 Big Handel Box for $ .99

weuntouchable

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 9, 2007
Messages
1,756
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
VBR @ 256 isn't that bad, actually. It's a bit higher than what you'd get with LAME preset standard.
 
Thanks OP. I had previously purchased the Handel 50 pack, but this should be called the Handel 302 pack!
 
I'm such a sucker for these $0.99 music collection deals from Amazon.
 
Grabbing the Handle now! Thanks!
(see what I did there?)

Loved the Mozart box, hope they do Bach next.
 
I listen to Classical, almost exclusively. These are some of the WORST recordings I've ever heard of Handel! Save your .99!
 
I listen to Classical, almost exclusively. These are some of the WORST recordings I've ever heard of Handel! Save your .99!

Handel isn't a classical composer so I'm not sure you have any expertise here. If you said you listened to baroque period music almost exclusively then perhaps your comment would have merit.
 
Handel isn't a classical composer so I'm not sure you have any expertise here. If you said you listened to baroque period music almost exclusively then perhaps your comment would have merit.

It is still in the genre of Classical music. Sheesh.
 
Picked up Handel and Mozart; likely getting Vivaldi too. I'm not a snob about perfection; and anyone paying a buck for 7-14+ hours of music who cries about it needs to get their act together. Reminds me of the Oatmeal comic about buying apps. :p
 
I found that some of the performances and recording quality was a bit sub-par on the Mozart box, but not enough to extinguish the pleasure of getting so much for so little. AND nearly half were excellent in both regards.

I do occasionally nit-pick but I chose not to in this case.
 
You know, even though I think a lot of these boxed sets aren't very good, it is nice to see people purchasing and still listening to these GREAT composers. When I go to the symphony or Chamber concerts, I'm just surrounded by grey heads. No youth.

Listen on brothers.
 
You know, even though I think a lot of these boxed sets aren't very good, it is nice to see people purchasing and still listening to these GREAT composers. When I go to the symphony or Chamber concerts, I'm just surrounded by grey heads. No youth.

Listen on brothers.

Quite right, also listening to the big box music has made me interested in seeking out definitive versions of the pieces I like.

I am somewhat more picky about Bach. Some performances are just hard to listen to.

I do feel bad for people who never open their minds to such amazing music.
 
Handel isn't a classical composer so I'm not sure you have any expertise here. If you said you listened to baroque period music almost exclusively then perhaps your comment would have merit.
"And, as I always say, If it's not Baroque, don't fix it!"
--Cogsworth

In any case, thanks OP for the awesome deal. Are there better quality digital audio files out there? Yes. Is there better Handel out there? Yes. Is there better music than Handel out there? Yes. Are you going to be able to find fourteen hours of any of them for less than the price of a Doritos Locos Taco? I doubt it, but if you do, please post a new thread for it here, because that too would be an awesome deal!
 
Not something I listen to. But my brother happens to be the polar opposite of me, I picked up all 3 boxes for him.
 
Back
Top