Amazon Map Tracking Available Nationwide

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
Amazon Map Tracking has now rolled out to all US customers and If you are one of those folks that likes to know every step that your package from Amazon takes before it gets to you then this is for you. The feature even lets you know how many stops away your driver is as well as an estimate of when it is arriving. This feature is great to have for those of us that need to know when something is arriving so we don't have to wait all day for an important delivery. Nice one, Amazon.

While the feature itself is very helpful, Brandon notes that Map Tracking could be maliciously used to see when neighbors are receiving packages, which could become a larger issue around the holidays. There's also the fact that we'll now all be watching our delivery drivers' every move like hawks.

Yeah I like the feature a lot. I noticed it on the last 3 orders from Amazon. It's just great to be able to see, your package is 3 deliveries away lol.

i use this all the time on my instacart orders so i know when to have the duct tape and zip ties handy....

but seriously, it is weird.. watching them in real time driving up to my door.

See that's awesome, because the whole "out for transit" bullshit is what I hate. I know they have route maps to most efficiently deliver packages and save fuel, so having an idea where along that route my package is extremely helpful, then I won't feel like I have to stay home all day because fucker will leave it outside for anyone to steal.

I do wonder how this translates to the USPS delivering packages for that last mile.

"Don`t track me i want my privacy!"

"please show me where the driver is every second , i need to know"

Reactions: SFB
like this
*DING*

Looks at phone - "Approximately 8 stops away"

Looks at map - 2 blocks away (Oh cool it will be here in like 3 mins)

*4.5 hours later* (no doorbell mind you)

*DING* - "Your package has been delivered"

Fuck you amazon, that thing has been sitting out there for like 4 hours.

Annoying really, especially with the app. Ding I dont care your box isn't actually here yet. What would be way more useful would just be a 2 hour delivery window.

It's kinda nice with expensive items, but like others stated not entirely accurate. I had a driver stop in the vicinity of a burger king for well over an hour that is just a few miles away from me... I was next stop so wanted to be home...

Back