Amazon listing the i5 7600K as a 4.2 Ghz cpu legit?

davidm71

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi,

Just built a new Kaby Lake setup and thought was getting a 4.2 ghz cpu as Amazon had the i5 7600K billed as a 4.2ghz cpu but surprised to see my bios identify it a 3.8 ghz cpu. So I checked the specs and the 7600K has a turbo speed of 4.2ghz. Does that mean only one core will hit 4.2 ghz while the other three are at 3.8 ghz? If so Amazon better change their description and spec listing fast!

Thanks

I just built a system around an i5-7500 -- its listed as 3.4ghz but rarely do i see it go under 3.65ghz even while benchmarking. I can see your confusion but i wouldnt worry about it too much. the 7600k is basically the fastest i5 you can get and if you want 4.2ghz just set it in the bios since its unlocked :)

Yeah but isn't it false advertising? Anyhow fwiw got $25 back from amazon after I informed them the difference of base clock vs turbo and got to say I didn't even have to ask for it. The agent just gave me $25 back!

Yeah but isn't it false advertising? Anyhow fwiw got $25 back from amazon after I informed them the difference of base clock vs turbo and got to say I didn't even have to ask for it. The agent just gave me $25 back!
kinda. but no

Considering Amazon's site doesn't list a clockspeed for the 7600K in their listing, how were you confused?

They didn't update the listing either, when I recently bought my 7700K I also looked at the 7600K and had to use Google to figure out the clock speeds for the 7600K.

Last edited:
Back