Amazon Kindle Fire: battery issue

tdowning

Gawd
Joined
Oct 7, 2000
Messages
518
A friend of mine has asked me to look into an issue he's having with a Kindle Fire.

At the moment, the it is showing 62% battery life, although for the few minutes I've had it in my hands It's jumoed down to 0%, popped up a warning, and then jumped back up to about where it was before.

Is this a calibration issue, where running the kindle battery down until it shuts off and then an uninterrupted charge will resolve the issue?

It does vaguely remind me of the issue I had with my first Macbook Pro battery, where when the remaining charge got to about 80% it would suddenly shut off cold. I was told that that symptom was typical of a failed cell in the battery pack.

any diagnostic suggestions are appreciated.
 
I don't have any help per say, and will be curious on your results. That said, have you/they reached out to Amazon yet?
 
Hi, tdowning,

You or your friend might try searching the Kindle Help Community to see if the problem has happened to others.

Resetting the Fire might also work some magic (scroll down to the bottom of the page).

Your friend could also log into their Amazon account and contact the Kindle support staff either by phone or email.

Hope this helps.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Related, I replaced the battery in my niece's Kindle Fire the other day. You can find replacement battery packs on Amazon.

The actual replacing part was easy as pie. So if it does turn out to be a bad battery, the fix is very simple.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I don't know if they've reached out to amazon yet. I will bring this up in that kindle user community, and see what they have to say.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

P.S. calibrating the battery seems to have done the trick, I played a couple hours of "Temple Run" with no critical battery warnings, like I got on Monday.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top